Nizoral after FUE transplant

Hi guys,

Now 5 week post OP, I have crazy dandruff.

Prior to my surgery I was using Nizoral once a week which minimized my dandruff,

Is it safe for me to start using Nizoral again now? I don't want to risk it effecting my results.

There are anecdotal reports of Niz damaging hair. Try massaging your scalp. Also could try experimenting with things like head and shoulders selenium sulfide 1% shampoo.

Alright thanks pal

this is what i did, infact you can even see my post about danruff i had crazy dandruff my self.

i used castor oil and rosemary oil. massaged my scalped twice a week and washed it shampoo and conditioner (aveeno)

i also used nizoral once a week..

within 2 weeks i have had significant difference.. i won't be using nizoral any more.. maybe 1-2 a month.

At five weeks, I would say that it is safe to use Nizoral shampoo however, I wouldn't use it anymore than two or maybe three times a week at the most. I know you said you were only using it once a week so that's not a problem. I found that no matter how healed my scalp was, using it every day would create more dandruff and irritate my scalp.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I'd decided to lay off Nizoral until 3 months, advice that Raha's clinic uses.

But it's really bad above my hairline, a lot of dead skin.

I don't mind this, but can excess dandruff inhibit transplant results? That's my main concern

I would wait at least 8 weeks before resuming the use of Nizoral and I personally think once per week is sufficient for most individuals.

Everyone reacts differently to these products so you just have to find that happy medium between good results and excess dandruff.

It never hurts to get some opinions from a few dermatologists.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so where my native hair & the transplanted grafts just behind my old hairline, its like crust, scab like, should I be picking and removing this dead skin? I don't want it somehow interfering with the growth as I approach the 3 month post OP mark.

Thanks in advance for your advice