A question relating to Dr Madhu's services

gtz101

I have treid contacting him via his site but haven't heard back, i'm hoping he or maybe someone who has used his services know the answer to this.

I am based in the UK and am happy to use his services. I am looking to visit him ideally end of March 2009 or 1st week of April. Does anyone know whether he or anyone from his clinic are able to give some estimate with regards to how many grafts (approximate) and price if I email them my pictures?? I need to have some idea obviously before travelling so far down there to do this procedure. Also, does anyone know whether the treatment can be done soon after the consultation with them? I only have 2 weeks holidays and of course I am hopnig to get everything done within that time, ideally as soon as within that time frame as i didn't want to use all that 2 weeks just in the state Hyderbad (India).

hi gtz101,

It's better you contact them directly through phone, As there will be huge no.of mails they recieve they may not be able to reply your query.According to my knowledge dr.madhu performs 2-3 surgeries per day, and you may not be able to have your surgery done immediately after consultaion.Even in my case i've waited for 2 weeks to get date slot.

It's required to book your surgery date in advance.

I haven't heard that he gives exact no. of grafts estimates looking at your pictures.But i think it's possible to identify patients NW class with the help of high quality pictures.

Also,

He examines your donor area personally as how many grafts he can extract from single strip.

so, it's advisable to contact them on phone if you could not hear them thru mail.

All the best!!!

UFUT - 2491 Grafts at Dr. Madhu

Mx-5 (Topical Minoxidil 5%)

Finpecia (Generic finasteride)

See My Hair Loss Website.

gtz101,

I know that Dr. Madhu has been inundated with emails and virtual consults recently however, they've assured me that they're doing their best to get back to everyone as quickly as possible. That said, have you tried calling the clinic? Additionally, with the holidays and New Year's celebrations only just coming to an end, I imagine clinics may be a little slower than usual getting back to people.

I'm sure Dr. Madhu will provide you with as much information as he can via virtual consult. However, a final graft count estimate, cost, and final expectations need to be discussed during an in-person consultation. I'd suggest scheduling something with him towork out a long term hair restoration plan.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi, Thanks for teh reply guys.

So just want to check something, firstly we have to undergo a consultation with them but the actual surgery could be many weeks or months later? If this is the case, I imagine booking the surgery in advance probably be best idea but would they allow this surgery booking without a consultation? and all this in 2 weeks???? I reckon this looks unlikely now. I guess this is one of the difficulties for overseas patients travelling aboard to do such treatments. I will try calling them (would be very lucky to get through though!) icon_frown.gif

gtz101,

Some clinics are very busy and booked weeks and even months in advance. In my opinion, it's still worth scheduling with the clinic of your choice rather than going for a clinic you're not as impressed with.

As I said above, nothing replaces an in-person consult. However, many clinics will book surgeries after thorough virtual consultations since typically enough information can be extrapolated and all major concerns addressed to proceed. That said, a physician can't truly determine your scalp elasticity or donor hair density by pictures alone. Thus, the number of grafts, final costs, and even hairline design will be determined at the in-person consult prior to the beginning of the procedure.

Best wishes,

Bill