Dandruff after HT -post day-12

Hey Guys and Girls.

I had my HT on 12th April. Loving my new hair line, but now I am noticing some serious dandruff.

What can I take this early to combat this ? Can I start nizoral and may be Castor oil massage. Dandruff is worrying me.

All advice and feedback is welcomed.

IMG_4649.JPG.6d3235836fd15bf4213c31f2738c3cf9.JPG

IMG_4650.JPG.019de76ccb6c6eaa4c3c567e1b287e43.JPG

No stay away from the Nizoral especially 2% version until you are many months post-op, Nizoral has been known to be detrimental to HT growth.

Use coconut oil for any dryness and consult with your surgeon on their recommended approach.

It is an annoyance and causes worry but the dandruff itself will not affect the results - using a harsh shampoo/chemical or picking at it could though.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hey Guys and Girls.

I had my HT on 12th April. Loving my new hair line, but now I am noticing some serious dandruff.

What can I take this early to combat this ? Can I start nizoral and may be Castor oil massage. Dandruff is worrying me.

All advice and feedback is welcomed.

Are you noticing any scabs shedding or hair fragments falling?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Yesterday I applied little bit of CASTOR oil and massaged the scalp and left it on for 10 min after conditioning my head.

I can see significant difference already, but I was advised against using oil and Nizoral so what the hell am I suppose to do ?? :( :confused: Dandruff is really worrying is.

The only think they ever worked for me is sitting in Sauna and steam rooms, just a week use of it reallyclears my scalp but I can only start that 20 days post surgery

I have attached pic from today, may be you can notice slight difference.

IMG_4665.JPG.921b989f4540f01196b5f236548e6fe7.JPG

I am using castor oil massage twice a week and nizoral once a week

It's gone 85% - 90% speciallly my scalp feels soo much cleaner ..

unbelievable !! I will now use normal shampoo (Aveeno)

For daily wash .