Is hair transplant really un-detectable?

Hello Experienced people,

Is the hair transplant un-detectable especially after having full-growth?

What has been your personal experience? Do people sometimes give you a glance to checkout your hairline? Do you yourself see holes in it and wished that it could be a little for dense?

What if you thought that the hair line is little too low for your taste or bit too sparse?

How about for cases when transplanted grafts/hair is not in alignment with native ones?

Please share your experience.

I will have to say that if it properly done with the right game plan for the patient, it is close to undetectable. Remember all surgeries leave scarring so no matter if you do FUE or FUSS you will have a scar. With that being said when you style your hair and go out its undetectable but if you were to ever shave your head you have to remember there are marks from the surgery. There're also other indicators of someone having an HT that only we may see as we obsess over this topic (i.e super strong hair line with receding temples). Once again a good doc and a good plan make the difference.

Everyone will always want to have more hair (hair greed), but once again if its done right you will have great long standing results. I was lucky enough to pick a great doctor that gave me a great plan and 10 years after my HT i have not worried about my hair loss. I still get compliments on my hair to this day. I am still younger and I know i will need multiple surgeries as i will have more hair loss. But once again i chose one of the best docs there is and had a great game plan. I have not had any people look at my hair weird or any "mis aligned" grafts. Hope this helps, do research you are at the right place

You only live once...

Pretty much what Arrie said. In the hands of the right surgeon and with the right game plan, yes, a hair transplant should be undetectable. I love the reactions I get from people (especially hair stylists/barbers) when I tell them I had a hair transplant. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

In the hands of the right surgeon it blends naturally or reconstructs a hairline naturalistically, donor scarring, no matter how minor, is inevitable to a degree.

But a poorly done transplant, performed with outdated techniques or a poorly skilled physician, looks comical and artificial if not worse.

So choose wisely when it comes to selecting a surgeon.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Agreed with Speegs, in my experience it depends on two main factors basically, (1) which surgeon you choose and also (2) what level of hair loss you have.

Advanced NWs will require a ton of grafts to achieve a non-see through look even with a great surgeon but it can be done with the right approach and aggressiveness. Lower NW's will have the native hair to blend in with so less of a concern, but surgeon choice is still critical.

There is a chance you could be spotted by a fellow HT patient (HRN veterans for example) as we know what to look for with trained eyes, but the general public including your friends will likely have no idea if you go with an elite surgeon.

(*btw, never put the word n-or-wood in your post or it will get auto-moderated, due to doctor by that name being banned here I guess?)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Today's hair transplants, if done right and in the hands of a skilled surgeon, are virtually undetectable. Others have already pointed out that there's no way to avoid at least some kind of scarring. But typically scarring is only seen under close inspection and by those who are looking for it. If the hairline and other transplanted hair are placed in a natural way, virtually nobody will be able to detect it.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Yes , by advance technique hair transplant is undetectable treatment, after transplant no one can observed that u had taken transplant. Results will remain with no scars and no cuts. Its so much impressive that hair transplant is successful in giving you natural hair back.

If depends on the hair characteristics. If you have fine hair then the hair transplant will look natural but a high level of density and donor supply will be needed. So after my first transplant I did have people stare at my hairline not because it looked unnatural but because I had only 30 grafts per cm square transplanted. I had another hair transplant and I no longer have people looking at me like the way they used to.