Doctor recommendations, Vancouver or Toronto

Calon9

Hi guys. I already had an online consultation with Hasson & Wong from Vancouver, Canada. I came on here to get recommendations for other doctors in Vancouver, and wow... there seems to be a ton of praise for H&W.

My initial thought was they were overselling # of grafts (their recommendation was 4000), but from all the comments they seem trustworthy (I'll still go in for an in-person consult to allay any remaining doubts).

So I'm still wondering if anyone's had good experiences with any other doctors in Vancouver? It would be nice to have a few doctors to choose from.

Also, I seem to see praise for Dr. Rahul in Ottawa, Canada. For 4000 grafts, it would be $5k cheaper there. I'm wondering if it's worth traveling there to save $5k. I could drive to Vancouver (I live a few hours east), but would have to fly to Ottawa.

Any thoughts, opinions on H&W vs. Rahul and if it's worth saving $5k for the added travel hassle? I've never had an HT before so I'm new to the experience.

Thanks!

Hi guys. I already had an online consultation with Hasson & Wong from Vancouver, Canada. I came on here to get recommendations for other doctors in Vancouver, and wow... there seems to be a ton of praise for H&W.

My initial thought was they were overselling # of grafts (their recommendation was 4000), but from all the comments they seem trustworthy (I'll still go in for an in-person consult to allay any remaining doubts).

So I'm still wondering if anyone's had good experiences with any other doctors in Vancouver? It would be nice to have a few doctors to choose from.

Also, I seem to see praise for Dr. Rahul in Ottawa, Canada. For 4000 grafts, it would be $5k cheaper there. I'm wondering if it's worth traveling there to save $5k. I could drive to Vancouver (I live a few hours east), but would have to fly to Ottawa.

Any thoughts, opinions on H&W vs. Rahul and if it's worth saving $5k for the added travel hassle? I've never had an HT before so I'm new to the experience.

Thanks!

Spex: Thanks. I'm traveling now but will upload pics when I get home. It'll be good to get other people's opinions on them (my concern is if I really need the # of grafts they are recommending, which is why I want to get others' opinions and speak to other doctors in the vancouver area).

Leeson: Dr. Rahal's site lists 4000 grafts @ $15,225 CDN after taxes. Hasson & Wong quoted me $5US per graft first 2000, then $3US after. After taxes and at current exchange rate that would be: $21,470 CDN.