Rubbing scabs off after fue on day 4

Hi everyone. I apologise this has been asked a thousand times but I still can't find the answer that relates to myself.

Anyway I had an fue of 3500 grafts in January in Turkey and was advised to wash my hair gently after 3 days. However on the 4th day the scabs and itching was driving me crazy so I began to gently stroke my dry head to help in clearing the scabs. They came out in my palm very easy so thought nothing of it. I continued to do this on my dry scalp inbetween washes until about the 10th day when my head was clear.

Has anyone else done this so early after the procedure and been ok. I am paranoid I have done damage so early on. Although I did not notice any bleeding.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Always contact your clinic after your procedure to follow their specific instructions. Now that you've gone through with your actions you probably didn't cause any real harm if you didn't see any bleeding but from now on you should follow your doctor's advice instead of spending so much time trying to find the answers online. It is in your best interest to do so.

Good luck with your final result!

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

You sound like you escaped since you saw no bleeding, but you'll have to wait 8 months to a year to know for sure.

Do not do that in the future, never pick scabs, follow your doctor's post op precisely.

• Like 1

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

The scabbing and crusts usually should stay for 7-10 days post-op and kind of surprised they were coming off so easily after 4days.

But like others have said, if there was no profuse bleeding, I highly doubt that you lost any grafts.

Congrats on your recent procedure....;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I think it's possible to lose grafts without any bleeding and it does seem a bit early to remove scabs. But as long as it was just scabbing that came away then you should be alright. You don't need scabs!

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I know that after my third and fourth hair transplant, my scalp was pretty scab free within a couple of days. I don't remember exactly which day but four days sounds about right. That said, it is always good to follow your doctor's post operative instructions. Some may say that for days is a little early however, I agree with the above poster who said if there was no blood, there is likely no damage.

Best wishes,

Bill