Unrelated surgery while recovering from HT, will it affect growth?

Here is my potential situation and I have reached out to the clinic I plan to use for their input but I thought I would ask the question here as we have a lot of experts. I am planning a minor fue crown procedure, should be under 1k grafts. I also just got news that my nose that I've broken a few times thru the years is problematic enough that they would like me to go ahead and get a deviated septum surgery. At the same they'll address the bridge as it's a touch off center from the last break. The surgeries as it stands are scheduled a few weeks apart. Nose first, crown 2nd. I of course won't proceed with the crown if doing the nose is going to affect the end result and the nose is the bigger priority with breathing lol. Is there a worry about blood supply issues or anything that could affect the recovery of either procedure if both went ahead?

Certainly one for the docs to answer.

My gut answer is no but I would worry about the "few weeks apart" aspect if something were to happen such as complications after the first surgery and also the affects of possible meds taken.

What does your prospective HT surgeon say about it?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I got thru to the clinic but the doc was out of the office over the weekend and they'd get him to call me monday morning so I should hear tomorrow. I asked the ent and cosmetic surgeon and both said no conflict but I think i'd defer to the hair transplant docs input.

I agree that you should ask your doctor, and like the other said, my impulse is to say no, one procedure will not affect another. However, I will say however, that dealing with two surgeries/procedures at once may delay healing of both. Your body can only repair so fast and putting it in a position to have to heal from two surgeries will likely delay the healing of both. But again, I would ask your doctor for more information.

Best wishes,

Bill