Should I book now?

I'm putting this here because I fear that I wouldnt get many responses in the SMP thread because there is not many active there.

After getting through some arguments and ''fights'' on this forum that has made me think, I have come to the conclusion that I'm not and will never be a candidate for hair transplant. I'm 19 and have lost way too much for my age and my donor hair is simply not good enough.

My solution now: SMP. I'm thinking about getting SMP in Gothenburg this summar and I want to get some tips by the experienced guys on here on when i should book a time? Is it too early to call them now and say I want one for the summer or what? Second thing is: Should I go for the straight hairline or slightly thinning hairline? Thanks!

At first I didn't like the thought of smp, but after a lot of research I'm really starting to think if it's done correctly, it's absolutely amazing. Probably even a better option than HT.

BTW! Thanks to everyone who really spent a lot of time in making me reconsider my decision regarding hair transplant. Without you guys, I fear I would have made a rush decision that may would hunt me for the rest of my life!

Good to hear that you have thought things through because surgery cannot be reversed.

As far as SMP goes, you want to stay with a pattern that closely resembles the hairline outline that you once had only keeping the hairline at an adult placement and not too low or juvenile looking. Remember, the SMP ink cannot be reversed either. It can always be lowered but not raised.

In addition, take some time researching this type of cosmetic work. Skills can vary quite a bit and so does the pricing. Look at as many examples as you can. If they cannot supply you with many examples of their work...stay away from them.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators

I'm glad you're not going to get an HT you made the right choice. I would look in to temporary SMP, I also agree with gillenator, I wouldn't be overly aggressive with the hairline, I think following your current hairline would be the best, as he stated you could always lower it in the future.

Personally, I don't think permanent SMP is a good idea for the top of the head, with time the ink may fade and turn blueish, temporary SMP fades overtime on its own and it's what I would choose, this will allow you to do somewhat of a trial to see if it is really the route you wanna go. I still think a hair system is the best thing for anyone who's 19 and losing hair, but I understand there is a stigma.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.