Biotin 5000mcg or 10,000mcg?

Hey guys hope all well. Wanted to go to the store and buy some biotin today but didn't know they have 2 options 5000 and 10,000. Not sure which to get and don't want to over do it. Tthought I would ask here first. Thanks

I think its ok to take 5000 if you are taking a b complex vitamin with it, because b complex should have biotin in it too. But if im not mistaken, the vitamin b's are water soluble vitamins. What you do not use, you will urinate out. If you are just starting off with it, you should try the lower dose and see how you react ( ex: no breakouts or acne), then consider the 10000 dose with dr caution. This is as some folks across forums did report that. Good luck.

I agree...what your body does not absorb will undoubtedly get passed through the urinary tract.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Agreed as well, stay lower dose if just starting out.

The one main side effect people do report is acne so build up to a higher dose very slowly.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Agreed as well, stay lower dose if just starting out.

The one main side effect people do report is acne so build up to a higher dose very slowly.

Good idea...makes sense...;)

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY