Does FUT raise the nape hair higher?

I tried to put together some photos on my nape hair after 6 FUT surgeries but the angles were off and it didn't show a fair comparison. In my experience the nape hair has not moved but when you have multiple FUT surgeries the density below the scar will become less. This is more noticeable at the sides above the ears.

However density at the sides is generally lower to start with. I think one or two FUT's will make little difference but is does depend on how wider piece of tissue is moved.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

David,

I did not know you had 6 FUT procedures....they seem to all have been successful?...anyway, your hair looks great...;)

The scalp does regain elasticity so the nape hair should not move substantially upwards from FUHT procedures.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On average it takes roughly 12 months or so for the scalp to regain enough elasticity from a FUT procedure.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY