Can I put rogaine here?

Hey fellas was wondering if it was ok to place minoxidil where there is no hair. Don't know the name of the area, either the temple , or receding line but I attached a photo to see if it was ok before I moved forward. Thank you

Dude, like many have already recommended, and you yourself wanting to get it but don't know how...In addition to your shampoo of choice and minoxidil (trust me not enough to keep your hair)...The proven and most effective way to retain and possibly grow back {some} of your hair (before your future HT) is by the followings: Find a doctor (or a dermatologist) in your local area. Pay for the visit and a prescription roughly around $60. Go to you local pharmacy and pay roughly around $40 for finasteride for the a year's worth. (A total of about $100 per a year for finasteride. This is totally worth it.)

And you are set.

Best of luck.

As others have said regaine won't help in that area. I think your hairline shape is decent you need to try to stop the recession as your hairline is thinning and this should be the area that Regaine can help maintain.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

The other thing is that if you apply minoxidil too close to the forehead area, you could also cause some unwanted hair growth such as accelerated growth of the eyebrows, etc.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...

I put minoxidil all over my hair but these area are similar to mine it wont do anything only a transplant to restore the hair line will do.

I have noticed a few odd hairs growing on my ear lobes but that could just be with age.

I have heard of guys getting bushy eyebrows, unwanted hair growth in other areas of the face from using minoxidil too far off the scalp.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

You need to be careful and deliberate with minoxidil application, there have been case studies of it dripping down the forehead and causing unwanted growth beyond the regions it was wanted...particularly problematic for women who may find a surge of unwanted facial hair.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016