Left temple photo 8 months on (Dr Kiely)

Trebor

Hi,

below is a photo of my left temple area 8 months after my transplant. The triangular area of bare scalp is one of the recipient areas along with my right temple and a half inch strip across the front hairline.

72010714_C4601A0B9C92188F3DDD7714149192B3.JPG

But there's nothing there I hear you cry.

No, the good Dr Kiely (of Cork in Ireland) assures me he had his technicians implant upwards of 1000 hairs in this area alone.

That being the case, is it unreasonable of me to expect that 8 months later I would actually be able to see some of these 1000+ hairs in this area?

Perhaps I wasn't specific enough in my hair restoration request. Perhaps I should have specified that my preference would have been for "visible" hair. Or perhaps the good Dr Kiely implanted some type of "stealth" hair in my head. Invisible to radar and the naked eye.

The strip across the front hairline is equally bad and, the right temple area is only marginally better.

Am I alone in thinking that this is an absolutely dreadful result or, should I still expect that the hair will yet grow?

I personally don't believe it will!

Hi,

below is a photo of my left temple area 8 months after my transplant. The triangular area of bare scalp is one of the recipient areas along with my right temple and a half inch strip across the front hairline.

72010714_C4601A0B9C92188F3DDD7714149192B3.JPG

But there's nothing there I hear you cry.

No, the good Dr Kiely (of Cork in Ireland) assures me he had his technicians implant upwards of 1000 hairs in this area alone.

That being the case, is it unreasonable of me to expect that 8 months later I would actually be able to see some of these 1000+ hairs in this area?

Perhaps I wasn't specific enough in my hair restoration request. Perhaps I should have specified that my preference would have been for "visible" hair. Or perhaps the good Dr Kiely implanted some type of "stealth" hair in my head. Invisible to radar and the naked eye.

The strip across the front hairline is equally bad and, the right temple area is only marginally better.

Am I alone in thinking that this is an absolutely dreadful result or, should I still expect that the hair will yet grow?

I personally don't believe it will!

As this was my first transplant it never occurred to me to take pre-op or immediate post-op photos.

The best I can do is the photo below which defines the left transplant area.

51810814_5BB66BC0AF26A1B321E0B0B5E127C33E.JPG

Believe me when I say that apart from the few wispy hairs visible in my original photo, this area is the same as it was before the transplant, i.e. devoid of hair!!

yes, i'd say your ht was a failure. going to ireland for an ht probably wasn't a good idea. you can try and recoup some money from the doc. lucky for you that your loss is minimal and you didn't end up with any scarring.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hey Trebor,yeah it doesn't look good man and at 8 months all the grafts would have sprouted by now. Are you from Ireland? Never heard of your doctor.

Did you just find these forums? This site, hairsite.com, and hairlosshelp.com are all very informative.

Thanks Guys,

You've just confirmed what I've suspected for a while now, that this transplant is a complete failure.

I just wish I had found this forum before having my transplant done.

I'm from Ireland, which is why I had it done here.

Big mistake!!

Feel really angry towards this Dr Kiely! Obviously doesn't have a clue what he's doing!!

So for anyone in Ireland contemplating a hair transplant, AVOID DR CONOR KIELY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Unless of course you like giving someone large amounts of cash to destroy thousands of your precious follicles!

Cheers.

the best way to get any kind of restitution is to do what you are doing and expose the guy on forums like this. sorry to see you go through it. honestly i think your hair line looked fine the way it was.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Trebor, I think you are as lucky as can be given your situation. From the picture, it appears like you didn't even get an HT. Now, I know that's really not the point, but considering what could have happened, you should consider yourself fortunate.

800+- Bosley NY, June 2005

1300+- Dr. Feller, December 2008

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1021

We should be on here to help and look out for each other, not to make someone feel worse about their situation.

Consider myself fortunate?

No I'm sorry, I can't consider myself fortunate!

I gave this a**hole (Dr Kiely) a large amount of cash and all I've gotten in return is a scar across the back of my head and thinner hair now than before I started.

I've also wasted 8 months waiting for this crappy transplant to grow and now have to face the fact that (barring a miracle) it's not going to happen.

I'm angry, very angry, and I want recompense!

hi trebor,i can understand your situation and that you are beginning to worry.

but it could be you are a very slow grower.

you say you have growth on the right side,was this only recently?i say this because it is common for one side to lag behind the other(usually the left for some strange reason)and if you have only just experienced growth here the other side is sure to follow.

i would try and calm down and wait for the 12 month mark and then contact the dr.

i haven't heard much about this dr other than he is expensive,this in my mind could be a good thing as if he was turning out a lot of poor results we would have heard about it.

try and enjoy xmas and re-evaluate in feb/march is my advice. icon_smile.gif

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Thanks for all the advice and the words of encouragement.

The hair growth (what there is of it) started around the beginning of August, with the right side sprouting more hair than the left (see below).

Right Temple area at 8 months:

73210774_A8EFF13CA1EBDCCA3494DDD1ADF5E7A4.JPG

Considering that the transplant areas were not that big to begin with and that Dr Kiely claims to have implanted approximately 2500 hairs overall, the coverage of all areas concerned is pretty poor.

The right side has average to poor coverage and density and the left (as the original photo shows) is really poor.

Two technicians worked on either side simultaneously, so I can only assume the left side technician either damaged the follicles or didn't implant them correctly.

I'm still hoping against hope that it will all suddenly kick in and start growing well, but deep down I really don't believe it will.

Cheers and Happy Christmas to all.