Does FUE accelerate hair loss if you aren't using any medications?

Hey everyone, i'm a 23 year old male that has been considering an fue procedure for the last year. I would consider myself a norwood 2, very minimal recession at my crown, but significant recession in my temple/frontal region. The thing that is deterring me from an FUE procedure is the "shock loss" that can occur in the regions of my scalp that have not undergone a hair transplant.. i'm concerned that an FUE procedure would accelerate my hair loss within regions of my scalp that have shown minimal signage of hair loss. I am not willing to take finasteride, so here is my question: Is there a good chance I will lose hair faster due to an FUE procedure?

Thanks

for what its worth, I ruled out taking finasteride for many years. I was horrified from the stories i have heard. It wasn't until my HT doc suggested I take it and how a low % of guys have big problems from it . He said, try it, if you experience side effects then just quit.

I tried it and its been working. I just use a half dose to prevent side effects.

Yes it is possible and Dagwood makes some good points.

Also depends on the surgeon techniques and tools used for the FUE procedure as well.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hello Jroze,

Good question. In the past I have talked to several clinics about this same issue. Even though they generally recommend taking medications after surgery they all said not taking them would not accelerate hair loss. They informed me that many of their patients who decided not to take any meds post-op have yielded excellent results 8 - 12 months later.

You will be ok. Good luck!

Hmm really?

Which clinics were they?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

WTF anti-FUT?

I've had both fue and fut procedures as per my signature.

Another ill-thought post which does little for the OP.

go dense or go home