SMP fut scar suggestions

Hello,

I had an fut procedure done about 5months ago and I'm looking to get my scar camouflaged so I can continue my buzzed style. I'm hoping to get this done in the next month or two for a big event. Few questions;

1. What is a rough estimate price range I'm looking at paying?

2. Any recommended technicians near North Carolina? (Trying to get mine done by Matt Iulo in NY but I hear it's tough to get scheduled with him?)

3. Does my scar look like a good candidate for smp?

Below are pictures of my scar, please let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance!

C61FF577-E652-4637-8217-6A730C89070B_zpsapjpmcsh.jpg

F654460B-FB8B-4D41-B983-7D81B207B1C6_zpssflruqiz.jpg

IMG_1195.thumb.jpg.c7df54be931b349742ee20ee0d8b8d40.jpg

Hi Toby,

In that first picture your scar appears to have some redness to it (which is perfectly normal since it's just 5 months old). Ideally you want a strip scar to be flat and white for optimal SMP results. Otherwise it looks like a decent strip scar (thin, not stretched, concave, etc.). Are you planning to wear your hair that length or buzz down closer? Also, do you have FUE scarring?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hi Toby,

In that first picture your scar appears to have some redness to it (which is perfectly normal since it's just 5 months old). Ideally you want a strip scar to be flat and white for optimal SMP results. Otherwise it looks like a decent strip scar (thin, not stretched, concave, etc.). Are you planning to wear your hair that length or buzz down closer? Also, do you have FUE scarring?

Thanks for the reply.

1. Yes the scar is only 5 months old, will I not be able to do an SMP in a month or two before the event I have to attend? (The first picture is right after a buzz which made the scar a little more red due to irritation. Second picture is a week after a buzz)

2. I do have fue scars from about 20months ago, and few from 5 months ago.

3. I usually buzz my head with a 0 guard, not shave.

Let me know what you think, Thanks again!

If the redness is just from razor irritation I'd say you're good to go, especially if you wait another month to have it done. It's also not a bad idea to apply some vitamin E oil or Emu oil to make sure it is in optimal shape.

So why did you opt for a strip procedure after having FUE? Poor yield?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hello,

I had an fut procedure done about 5months ago and I'm looking to get my scar camouflaged so I can continue my buzzed style. I'm hoping to get this done in the next month or two for a big event. Few questions;

1. What is a rough estimate price range I'm looking at paying?

2. Any recommended technicians near North Carolina? (Trying to get mine done by Matt Iulo in NY but I hear it's tough to get scheduled with him?)

3. Does my scar look like a good candidate for smp?

Below are pictures of my scar, please let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance!

C61FF577-E652-4637-8217-6A730C89070B_zpsapjpmcsh.jpg

F654460B-FB8B-4D41-B983-7D81B207B1C6_zpssflruqiz.jpg

Toby0823. The characteristics of your scar looks good, but you could also get a better result with a shaved head by placing some beard in the scar.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians