People who get HT at unkown clinics

When I'm reading this forum, everybody who is considering ht is looking for good and experienced doctors with good reputation. But on other social media apps such as facebook and instagram, I see a lot of people who has got HT with unkown clinics and doctors, and I just wonder how their result have been? Anyone who's been to not so popular clinics and has got good result(s)?

I'll tell you in 6-9 months. On other forums, in other languages, other doctors and clinics are recommended or more popular. There are also a lot of advisors on this forum who are linked to certain clinics/doctors. Be aware of that as well. This doesn't mean that they aren't honest.

Do your research. Don't limit yourself to one website or one clinic and choose carefully. Consider to travel for quality and lower prices.

Consumers have the option and freedom to go with whatever surgeon they choose.

Even in this day and age with all the information out there, there are still those who choose Bosley for example.

Also some people like to be "rogues" and try to prove others wrong by going with an unknown doctor, others just simply are not interested in listening to advice, and there are also those who think hair transplants are like buying a used car where they look for the best "deal" (often a big mistake).

The smarter patient will spend time to arm himself with knowledge and facts through careful searching of forums like this one which has a wealth of actual patient results and experiences going back several decades.

HRN is really an oasis in an otherwise unmanaged industry.

The surgeon recommendation process while not always 100% fail-proof is at least a step in the right direction.

Ask yourself: (1) which doctors are recommended on this site? -> (2) among those which ones have the best results and fewest patient complaints? (you can put them into a tier ranking system for example, Tier 1,2 and 3)

Those two steps alone will get you to a very decent place in the surgeon decision making process.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Consumers have the option and freedom to go with whatever surgeon they choose.

Even in this day and age with all the information out there, there are still still those who choose Bosley for example.

Also some people like to be "rogues" and try to prove others wrong by going with an unknown doctor, others just simply are not interested in listening to advice, and there are also those who think hair transplants are like buying a used car where they look for the best "deal" (often a big mistake).

The smarter patient will spend time to arm himself with knowledge and facts through careful searching of forums like this one which has a wealth of actual patient results and experiences going back several decades.

HRN is really an oasis in an otherwise unmanaged industry.

The surgeon recommendation process while not always 100% fail-proof is at least a step in the right direction.

Ask yourself: (1) which doctors are recommended on this site? -> (2) among those which ones have the best results and fewest patient complaints? (you can put them into a tier ranking system for example, Tier 1,2 and 3)

Those two steps alone will get you to a very decent place in the surgeon decision making process.

Where do i find recommended doctors on this forum?

Try these two links from this forum:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-loss-doctors.asp

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/physician-interviews.asp

Also remember, just because a surgeon is recommended here doesn't mean you should jump into surgery with them. Research it a second or third step further as mentioned above.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

When I'm reading this forum, everybody who is considering ht is looking for good and experienced doctors with good reputation. But on other social media apps such as facebook and instagram, I see a lot of people who has got HT with unkown clinics and doctors, and I just wonder how their result have been? Anyone who's been to not so popular clinics and has got good result(s)?

I have been to a local doctor, I'm pretty sure he's unknown to these forums. Examine my profile and pix. :)

This is how I am reading this:

When I'm reading this forum, everybody who is considering driving drunk is looking for good and experienced sober drivers with good reputation. But on other social media apps such as facebook and instagram, I see a lot of people who drive drunk, and I just wonder how their result have been? Anyone who's driven while wasted and has got good result(s)?

So, the parellel I am drawing is this: When you drive drunk and don't crash or kill anyone, there was not a poor outcome to a poor decision, but the risks were much greater and the impact of the poor decision could have been catastrophic. Driving sober is dangerous enough so why add the additional risk with alcohol.

I feel like the same applies to an HT. The results are life altering, good or bad, so you need to give yourself every chance possible for a good outcome. Going to a "unknown" clinic is a great risk, like driving drunk, and just not necessary.

You would not believe the number of clinics that I have seen on the web that are using photos from physicians on this website to promote their businesses.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

This is how I am reading this:

When I'm reading this forum, everybody who is considering driving drunk is looking for good and experienced sober drivers with good reputation. But on other social media apps such as facebook and instagram, I see a lot of people who drive drunk, and I just wonder how their result have been? Anyone who's driven while wasted and has got good result(s)?

So, the parellel I am drawing is this: When you drive drunk and don't crash or kill anyone, there was not a poor outcome to a poor decision, but the risks were much greater and the impact of the poor decision could have been catastrophic. Driving sober is dangerous enough so why add the additional risk with alcohol.

I feel like the same applies to an HT. The results are life altering, good or bad, so you need to give yourself every chance possible for a good outcome. Going to a "unknown" clinic is a great risk, like driving drunk, and just not necessary.

You would not believe the number of clinics that I have seen on the web that are using photos from physicians on this website to promote their businesses.

That's a great analogy Spanker, hope the OP gets the message finally.

go dense or go home

Why did you have 3 HTs?

It is within a six-year period. Each in about 2-year interval. My local doctor recommended me to take a year or two off after each procedure for the hair to heal before having more HT (if I choose to have more).

I had 3 HTs because of mostly vanity reasons. Each time I had one I wasn't satisfied with the density. And now that I do YouTube, the camera is on me all the time.

I think my local doctor have done great. I just posted some pix for at 7 months (after 3 HRs). You be the judge. :)

It is within a six-year period. Each in about 2-year interval. My local doctor recommended me to take a year or two off after each procedure for the hair to heal before having more HT (if I choose to have more).

I had 3 HTs because of mostly vanity reasons. Each time I had one I wasn't satisfied with the density. And now that I do YouTube, the camera is on me all the time.

I think my local doctor have done great. I just posted some pix for at 7 months (after 3 HRs). You be the judge. :)

To get great overall density with anything NW3 or above, you really need multiple procedures. This is something else most people dont want to face. From what I have gathered over months of research and real feedback is that 1 procedure usually just wont cut it unless you are really lucky or have less loss than a NW3.

How much have you spent, total?

To get great overall density with anything NW3 or above, you really need multiple procedures. This is something else most people dont want to face. From what I have gathered over months of research and real feedback is that 1 procedure usually just wont cut it unless you are really lucky or have less loss than a NW3.

How much have you spent, total?

I spent exactly $9000 (U.S. dollars) total. This may be unprecedented, it is the benefit if you take the risk to have the procedure done with your local doctor. Furthermore, my doctor tend to favor me over some of his clients--giving me the same price/bargain each time.

For your information, I had done research on my doctor's background and decided to put my trust in him. I have no regrets.

Edited by coolhairstyle002

I spent exactly $9000 (U.S. dollar) total. This may be unprecedented, it is the benefit if you take the risk to have the procedure done with your local doctor. Furthermore, my doctor tend to favor me over some of his clients--giving me the same price/bargain each time.

For your information, I had done enough research on my doctor's background.

For 3 procedures.... that is literally dirt cheap. Shapiro is $7 per graft for FUE. LOL

Totally agree with Spanker's analogy. Why take the risk of an unknown when there are so many proven long term established reputable talented surgeons to choose from?

Nothing is 100% guaranteed and why the need to put everything that is established and proven on your side.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Totally agree with Spanker's analogy. Why take the risk of an unknown when there are so many proven long term established reputable talented surgeons to choose from?

Nothing is 100% guaranteed and why the need to put everything that is established and proven on your side.

Ya I'm certainly not rolling the dice. The leap is uncertain enough as it is. I want to be using a reputable person even if it is expensive. I am sure there are unknown guys out there doing decent work, but I'm not testing the waters!

Ya I'm certainly not rolling the dice. The leap is uncertain enough as it is. I want to be using a reputable person even if it is expensive. I am sure there are unknown guys out there doing decent work, but I'm not testing the waters!

Good to hear your wisdom...listen my friend, over the years I have observed that one of the "red flags" is a "too good to be true" low price. The reason for this is because usually the clinic does such substandard work that they never have any patients come back for subsequent procedures nor do they receive many referrals, if any....so the only other way to get patients is by offering bargain basement prices...buyer beware!...:confused:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY