Dr.Arocha in TX...need suggestions

Reds

I have been reading a lot of posts on different doctors and I thought I would consider Dr.Feller. But I still want t find out more..I live in TX I was looking at the Dr.Arocha's patient results. Any comments and suggestions wou;d really help1

Reds,

While location shouldn't be the determining factor in selecting a quality hair transplant surgeon, you happen to have two exceptional physician members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians in your state worth consulting with - Dr. Arocha and Dr. Limmer. Coalition member Dr. Feller of New York also does excellent work as do many others in the neighboring states surrounding Texas.

You can find dozens of examples each physician's work on this forum and on their Coalition profiles.

Take your time and then research and consult with each physician you are considering. The more information you collect, the more educated your decision will be.

All the Best,

Bill

I had an HT done by Dr. Arocha just over a year ago. I'm an entertainer and make a living "in the spotlight" so to speak. I have rather long hair and it began to diffuse thin (general thinning all over the top of the head), with the frontal area being the most noticable. I did just over 2000 grafts to get my hair line and thickness back and Arocha did a great job. And he didn't make me shave, which was crucial to me. He did a very clean job. With a spotlight on you it's very easy to notice bad HTs and like I said, clean work. No redness, no swelling, healed fast and after the initial couple of weeks I went back to stage work and no one noticed a thing. That's clean work. I also now have a much better hairline and fuller frontal area. I'm planning on going back for a second HT with Dr Arocha to touch up some other areas I didn't get to last time.

I suggest calling him up and making an appointment to speak with him and ask questions. He's a very easy guy to talk with and you'll feel comfortable in his office. He has a great staff too.

Anyway, best wishes. Feel free to ask me any questions in public or PM me.

• 1 year later...

I went to see dr. Arcoha after I had a few conversation with maxhair, I did not like the guy, I did not like the office, I did not like the staff. I felt like he was puching too hard, he kept on saying I quote "so whats stopping you" "

so whats the problem", " why dont you want to do it" Anyway, it was back in 2009 I think. I dont like when I am being pushed, I am happy for maxhair, although I question his creditability b/c it just feels like he is one of the Arocha guys or perhaps arocha himself.

I went to see dr. Arcoha after I had a few conversation with maxhair, I did not like the guy, I did not like the office, I did not like the staff. I felt like he was puching too hard, he kept on saying I quote "so whats stopping you" "

so whats the problem", " why dont you want to do it" Anyway, it was back in 2009 I think. I dont like when I am being pushed, I am happy for maxhair, although I question his creditability b/c it just feels like he is one of the Arocha guys or perhaps arocha himself.

I had a similiar experience during my consultation but not to that degree. I was speaking with Dr. Arocha instead though. After I mentioned that I was also considering Dr. Shapiro, he seemed to be dissuading me by saying it was awfully far to go when I could get the same thing there.

The big red flag that made me not go with him is when he examined my scalp and said "I was a hair transplant surgeon's dream patient". I knew this wasn't true because I previously had 4 scalp reductions in the 90's that left my laxity somewhat tight. He kept insisting it was no problem. That's when I flew to Minnesota for a consult with Matt. He immediately expressed concern that my laxity would allow me to only get 1200. Because of Matt's and Ron's expertise, I then began an intense program of scalp exercises for the next 3 months before the surgery to compensate for the tightness of my scalp. As a result, my laxity returned and he was able to get 3000 FU's with ease and could have gotten more.

I then began an intense program of scalp exercises for the next 3 months before the surgery to compensate for the tightness of my scalp. As a result, my laxity returned and he was able to get 3000 FU's with ease and could have gotten more.

That's incredible Severn. Wow! From 1,200 to 3,000. Just curious, how much time a day did you do those exercises?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I just looked up an old post by you on scalp exercises. Dude, sometimes 2 hours a day? You're an olympian! I was bitchin' about 15 minutes.

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

That's incredible Severn. Wow! From 1,200 to 3,000. Just curious, how much time a day did you do those exercises?

I probably went way overboard. I did between 1-2 hours per day. I would do them in 5 minute intervals though and the time was cumulitive. But it made a huge, huge difference. Because of the extreme laxity I attained, they only had to cut half the distance around my head. If they would have gone ear to ear it would have been 6000. But I'm probably a rare case because not many people can devote 1-2 hours a day to them. But it was a very small price to pay in the end.

btw aaron, i was up there about 2 weeks ago so barely missed you. Your results make you look like a teenager bud. Great job they did for ya.

I just looked up an old post by you on scalp exercises. Dude, sometimes 2 hours a day? You're an olympian! I was bitchin' about 15 minutes.

I developed a system that made it relatively easy. The biggest problem I had at first was my arms getting tired and being bored. So I would lay on the couch while watching a movie and have my arms supported to my head. I would then casually conduct the exercises in 2-5 minute intervals and rest as needed. By the end of the movie, I would have gotten about 45 minutes in and barely noticed I was doing the exercises because I was involved in what I was watching. Then later on that night I would do it again sometimes and get almost 2 hours in. It wasn't bad at all doing it that way.

Yeah, I remember my arms getting worn out too fast. That's cool you had a system.

I did have an idea for a scalp exercise video with Richard Simmons or P90X but they rejected it. ;)

Yeah, we just missed each other again. I believe last time you were there in 09 we were only a month apart.