AUSTRALIA HT help needed

Khop

Hi guys,

I am considering having a HT in Australia where I currently live.

I have had a consultation at the Knudsen clinic in Melbourne with Dr Vikram Jayaprakash.

He seemed to be quite knowledgable and good to speak with but I havnt seen any of his work. I have tried googling him but no real results.

Has anyone had a procedure with him or seen any of his work??? Or anyone heard any reviews of the Knudsen clinic??

I also have a consultation booked with a Dr in Sydney (name can't be mentioned on this forum). He seem to do mainly fue and BHT. Has anyone seen this dr?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi HRSN1,

I am definitely going to go with fue. I had a previous fut procedure about 5 years ago and it was a big mistake. Now as you mentioned I have a scar to deal with. The scar is actually my major concern. I am wanting to try and disguise it by planting fue grafts into it. I don't shave my head by would like to clipper it shorter. Maybe a 3 or something without seeing the scar line. I'm hoping I can achieve this through fue.

I am also looking at adding more coverage on the top. But really want to just get it to a stage where I can just put the whole thing behind me and move on with my life.

I'm just a bit scared about doing another procedure with the wrong person and getting a bad result.

Have you had any scar repair work done? Ever had a procedure done in Australia or have any advice for me?

Thanks mate

Unfortunately there are no outstanding FUE surgeons in Australia as recognized by fellow Aussies apparently, and we discussed this here.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185694-any-reputable-clinics-se-asia.html

Turkey, Belgium and the US have concentrations of the best elite surgeons in the world so don't be afraid to travel.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Yes it is a real shame and such an opportunity for a HT surgeon in Australia to master the trade. So many Aussies looking to go overseas for the procedure.

Thanks for your help on the matter. Through my research as you pointed out there are some great doctors overseas getting constant results. Maybe I need to approach them online. It's a bit daunting looking overseas but it is a very important decision as well

Would agree that it would make for an excellent business opportunity.

I would definitely consider travelling to get the very best results.

good luck man

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

The list of recommended surgeons here is a fantastic starting point when trying to narrow down which surgeon you should choose, and as the others have mentioned, there currently aren't any top surgeons in AU providing consistent results. As convenient as it can be to get the procedure done locally, don't be afraid to travel and find the surgeon that's best for you.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56