Unshaven Recipient Area FUE Surgeons

PWSB

not using a face mask whilst performing surgery shouldn't affect the overall result I think it's just common practice for any medical profession to avoid possible infections, even my dentist wears one whilst performing a standard check up where there are no open wounds etc ... either way hope all goes well and look forward to following your result as things develop please keep us all updated :)

This jumps out to me as hairtransplant !

Your entitled to your opinion and fair play. Please have a look for yourself at my post and tell me your opinions I would genuinely welcome your thoughts?

Can any one recommend a decent fue doctor who can do the procedure without shaving the donor or the recipient area? I would like to get a procedure done without exposing an existing fut scar? I would also like hair placed into this scar? Sorry for diving on the post with my own issues but im struggling to work out how to start my own post on here., thanks in advance for any help

Can any one recommend a decent fue doctor who can do the procedure without shaving the donor or the recipient area? I would like to get a procedure done without exposing an existing fut scar? I would also like hair placed into this scar? Sorry for diving on the post with my own issues but im struggling to work out how to start my own post on here., thanks in advance for any help

Mayoman - The only long hair fue doctors that I've seen have been Dr. Erdogen in Turkey and Dr. Mwamba in Belgium.

I was hoping that consultations and further research would make this decision easier but it's quite the opposite. And, the fact that the international doctors on my list are mentioned alongside all the other during my consultations makes me more comfortable going to Turkey, Spain, or Belgium. From my original list, I am considering three of the doctors: Dr. Shapiro, Dr. Erdogan, and Dr. Diep. I haven't had my consultation from Dr. Diep yet so he's still on the list as TBD.

Dr. Erdogan - I thought about previously removing ASMED from my list because of Turkey and excessive graft usage but I was pleasantly surprised by their estimated 2400 grafts. Yes, it's more aggressive than my other consultations but not by as much as I anticipated and they are the best chance for a great hairline IMO. And, at 2400 grafts, I don't think I am sacrificing my future donor supply too much. Anything resembling the hairline in the link below would be fantastic:

ASMED | Hair Transplant Results Gallery - Norwood 2 - Dr Koray Erdogan - 1950 grafts FUE

SMG - I also received a consultation from the Shapiro Medical Group and I am very impressed. From their results to their process to the teamwork between all three doctors, they are obviously a top tier clinic. They estimate that I'll need between 1500-2000 grafts with a 40-50 density. SMG also wouldnt' consider my case to be an unshaven fue because it's mostly hairline work and the foundation is solid. The most they would require would be shaving a few centimeters of hairline, which would be easy to conceal. This helps on the cost and makes them very competitive on pricing IMO.

Also, news to me so I thought I would share for other that might be researching unshaven recipient fue. You either want to have very short hair (maybe 2-3 guard haircut) or long hair (over 3-4 inches) that can be combed over. Having "shortish" hair that is 1-2 inches is the most difficult scenario.

I was hoping that consultations and further research would make this decision easier but it's quite the opposite.

These days there are so many options and affordable ones and it's getting harder to make a "no-brainer" type of surgeon decision compared to before.

Though depending on the outcome of your Dr. Diep consultation that could change due to your location.

Keep us updated.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 3 weeks later...

Did a little research, overall pretty solid list, but if you're aiming for USA! I have to be shameless and recommend the Doc I went with because my I'm beyond grateful for my experience and results.

*Drum Roll*.......

Dr. Mohebi

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)