Pointy frontal hairlines vs non pointy hairlines

There are "jagged hairlines" that some surgeons do (also Dr. Maras and Dr. Diep seem to do this as well) and also "widows peaks" as mentioned.

It all comes down to personal preference, but I feel a jagged one looks best grown in or with long hair but is maybe not ideal for people who wear their hair short or shave down.

Also agreed a widows peak or at least some hairs planted in a "V" pattern pattern in the very front, helps to manage a higher forehead design.

I know a few posters who later "corrected" their widows peak later on in second surgeries, so take into consideration future goals etc when planning your new hairline.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I was referring to the irregular or jagged hairline, not the widows peak or frontal tuft.

hair-transplantation-surgery-right-3-draw-176247.jpg

Obviously it's a matter of surgeon preference but I was wondering why it was done.. is it because natural hairlines are usually not in straight lines?

They're not usually in squiggles either, but well, I guess it looks fine grown out. If anyone who had had a more irregular hairline design could comment would particularly be interested in how you felt it turned out.

Or maybe all surgeons do this, but only some actually incorporate it into their pre-surgical skin marking?

Jagged looks more natural. The Gabel pic above should answer your question as it's an amazing hairline result

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Jagged looks more natural. The Gabel pic above should answer your question as it's an amazing hairline result

Does it though?

Konior trained Gabel right? I don't see a big difference in how natural Gabel's hairlines look relative to the big K. Maybe they all do it to some extent, just Gabel actually marks it out..

This is another one of his more recent ones..

attachment.php?attachmentid=69793&d=1415648489

I assume they put more narrow caliber follicles along the front so it doesn't look as abrupt.

Hairline design is an important aspect when choosing a surgeon, if you don't like Gabel's designs then go with another doctor (The big K in this case)

Alternatively you can ask for a less jagged design during a consultation if he's your top pick.

If you ever have a remote chance of cutting your hair very short or buzzing it in the future then an extreme jagged hairline is not the best choice. They always look better when grown out.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I believe it is very important to analyze the patients facial characteristics to help determine the shape of the hairline. For example a patient with a very rounded flat nose generally would not look appropriate with a widows peak.