Post FUE Questions

Hello everyone,

I've got 3 questions I would appreciate if you can answer.

First, after how many days/weeks can I normally comb my hair in the recipient area with a normal comb (assuming I am transplanting in between native hairs, so the comb is running through the recipient where I will also be having )

Second, after how many days/weeks can I aggressively dry my hair with a towel like I used to before my procedure?

Third, is it safe to use protein powder after my HT? (pure protein that includes different protein sources such as whey, soy etc... and vitamins, but no creatine or others)

• Administrators

Hi Ramez,

First let me preface my answers by saying consult with your clinic.

Now in my personal experience by my clinics directions, I combed my hair normally

once the grafts shed around the 3 week mark. I resumed normal towel drying the same time. As far as im aware protein has no significant impact on hair growth or hair loss it is an essential macro nutrient, some people attribute hair loss to protein because they notice hair loss when they begin wotking out and taking protein, it is likely that their testosterone is increased from the excercise thus leading to a conversion of testosterone to DHT which occurs naturally in the body. It is not that protein increases DHT, protein is an essential nutrient needed to sustain a healthy body, hope this makes sense.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.