SMP for density

I recently had SMP added to FUE for work on my strip scar & amazed with the results.

Still bothered by a few small gaps and weakness on the front/top. I do like the shaved/short look so have become quite drawn towards SMP as a possible solution for adding density to my overall look. I understand how SMP can be effective on a bald scalp but how is it administered onto a head that has 95% hair still there? Do they just needle straight into existing hair - that can't be good if so?

Also I do have a psoriasis type condtion & need to use a tar based shampoo which contains alcohol regularly. I have read that alcohol based products including minox should be avoided with SMP as they accelerate fading.

Thinking I'm not the best candidate for SMP on the front even though it could be one solution for resolving the gaps.

Edited by Mikey1970

I think it would depend on what area of the scalp, for the crown I would maybe say go for it but in the front etc I don't know.

I researched it before and after really looking at the results I had second thoughts and also spoke with a doctor at fairly reputable clinic that does it and his correspondence did not give me the impression it was something he highly recommends. He told me one patient later had it removed.

You could always try a test temporary SMP/trico micropigmentation session in a small area and see how it looks.

Agree about the shampoos, they will indeed fade it.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)