4 days post op FUE at the Absolute Hair Transplant Clinic in Bangkok.

htnewbieht

Hi all,

I had my first FUE HT last Saturday and I have a question about a peculiar looking scab. It almost looks like 3-4 grafts stuck to a scab outside my head. Can anyone with help me with this. I'm feeling concerned about it. Please let me know if you need anymore info.

Thank you in advance.

20161123_134536.thumb.jpg.4ecac3b1ec30566200b0913d19da1d52.jpg

I got a reply from my Dr. stating that it is dislodged grafts. He says I may have scratched when I was sleeping. This was on the night of Monday, roughly 3 days after surgery, I woke up with slight dry blood on my forehead. I figured it was moistened scab from the mist spray. I'm pretty disappointed in this as I would figure it would take a lot more to dislodge graphs from my scalp. Anyone have any advice on this? Is it possible the assistants didn't place grafts well enough?!

And that definitely means no hairs will grow from those grafts?

On the night of my second surgery I dislodged 8-10 grafts the first night which created quite a bloody mess. I had about 2,000 grafts done so the dozen or so I lost will not affect the look at all....down the road. You have nothing to worry about if you lost a few.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On the night of my second surgery I dislodged 8-10 grafts the first night which created quite a bloody mess. I had about 2,000 grafts done so the dozen or so I lost will not affect the look at all....down the road. You have nothing to worry about if you lost a few.

Thank you for the reply and the words of encouragement. On further inspection with a friends help, it looks like it may have been two grafts with one hair each in them..possibly three hairs total. I think the worst part is it's at the front hairline which for me was the most crucial area I needed work on.

And if I did scratch them that third night, I would have imagined I would have woke up as it would have been somewhat painful? But I guess, I will never know what really happened or how they fell out.

But like you said, in the end, hopefully, it will not make a major difference.

Thanks again.

You had so many shots of anesthesia, probably Litocaine that you most likely would not feel it. That recipient area is so numb and will be for quite a few weeks or months. As a matter of fact, if you bump your head down the road a bit, you probably won't feel anything, but you should check to see if you hurt yourself. You cannot damage the grafts at that point, however.

Once again, trust me....you will look just fine without the 3 grafts you may have dislodged in your sleep. Rest easy, and look forward to your new hairline in about 3-4 months.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

You had so many shots of anesthesia, probably Litocaine that you most likely would not feel it. That recipient area is so numb and will be for quite a few weeks or months. As a matter of fact, if you bump your head down the road a bit, you probably won't feel anything, but you should check to see if you hurt yourself. You cannot damage the grafts at that point, however.

Once again, trust me....you will look just fine without the 3 grafts you may have dislodged in your sleep. Rest easy, and look forward to your new hairline in about 3-4 months.

Thanks again John for the words of encouragement. Much appreciated! :)

I had a rather blobby scab following my 1st HT that was a bit worrying and I thought the same as you but it was just blood that had congealed over a smallish area and looked bad - turns out it was nothing - maybe yours will be the same!

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I had a rather blobby scab following my 1st HT that was a bit worrying and I thought the same as you but it was just blood that had congealed over a smallish area and looked bad - turns out it was nothing - maybe yours will be the same!

Well, unfortunately, as my friend helped me inspect it, we are almost sure it is a couple grafts. She also believes she could see where the hole placement was right to the right of the suspected grafts but as we are not experts......I can always hope!

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Hello everybody,

I have just been enjoying life, crossing my fingers, patiently and anxiously waiting it out and hoping everything will turn out alright. To all that replied with comments about the Dr. Apologies in advance, I guess part of me wanted to wait a while before I shared any real experience.

I'm almost at 6 months out and in a couple weeks I have a check up with the Dr. Whenever I had a question or concern...I have emailed and he does reply eventually, sometimes a bit late but he follows through with any inquiries sooner or later. As far as major issues, I guess, I'm not there yet, and hopefully I won't be. I guess, part of me feels like clinics are always nicer before you get surgery, afterwards is a bit tricky, hit or miss I would say, no exception with this Dr. from my experience.

This is my progress thus far, not sure what to think, I guess I may have more coming..? I hope. I still under a flash, have slight pink scalp, could be from sun or I'm just sensitive...I am hoping that will fade completely soon. Up close I see small hairs..where there are balder patches, not sure if those will break through.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

IMG_4672.thumb.jpg.ba80bca1938152aba393831b69cdb7b1.jpg

IMG_4675.thumb.jpg.3dc6981c053afcb33dec0155bc46fb40.jpg