4650 grafts FUT

Jdog

Hi All,

Just wanted to advise you of my FUT procedure carried out on 4 September. I have attached photos just 3 days post op, 2 weeks post op and 2.5 months post op.

The photo at 2.5 months post op is of my original hair, haven't noticed any growth yet. Maybe a few hair here and there.

By far the most intimidating thing I've done in my life and I have worn a hair system for 7 years, looking in the mirror right now is very strange and not the best as I'm used to looking at a full head of the finest Russian imported hair - lol.

Since using Minoxidil my native hair has really thickened up and I guess now my head is breathing as it's hair piece free. I'm hoping when the transplanted hair grows I will have a nice result.

Due to some major personal issues with a marriage seperation and jumping into this procedure without proper planning I quit my job because I couldn't face turning up to work without hair all of a sudden and with a scar in the back of my head. I worked in an office with a suit and tie with 20 others in my office, appearance was a really big deal and I was the idiot living a lie for so many years without anyone knowing other than my ex wife and my mother.

Anyway at 2.5 months i need to go back out there and work and just hope things turn out well for me. Sitting around waiting for hair to grow is crippling my mind. I have been going to the gym and exercising, reading, movies etc but my social life is ZERO and my life has basically been on hold for nearly 3 months. I'm hoping I can secure a job soon and live on the low side for another 3-6 months and hopefully things will be good again if not much better than ever.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on my photos.

Cheers

IMG_0593.thumb.jpg.786c4d6ed82a5b77de27e211fde460fd.jpg

thumbnail_08644C23-6ED9-4697-B495-F4EA698D9C98.thumb.jpg.654676ba1bc9afb9ef4fb830966787f5.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0210.thumb.jpg.93166c146f665fa6dcc2dcfad079f988.jpg

• Moderators

Are you able to go back to the same place of work? Do you even want to? If you can hold out for another 3 months, I think you'll be able to get away without anyone knowing because you do have at least some native hair. You don't look like you need to get too much growth to start being able to cover the area as long as you keep letting it grow out a bit longer. Another thing you have going for you is you just got divorced so you can simply blame the lack of working on needing to get away from everything and assess where your life is going or something like that. That can be believable after a breakup that was unexpected.

I went through a similar thing in that I was wearing a hairpiece before I had a hair transplant and quit my job in order to have it as there was no way I could picture myself going from full head of (fake) hair to completely bald overnight. I also wore a suit at work, so there wasn't any way I could wear a hat to cover it. I planned on simply hiding out for 6 months to a year.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I wouldn't bother going back to the previous job, wasn't liking it anyway and I was only there a month. Yes I don't think I need miracles to happen to cover the area. Would you think my balding area is not the large??

Would you think toppik might be a good option for me to thicken it up? I'm just not sure if Toppik will affect the growth of the transplanted hair.

BeHappy did you go ahead with the hideout for 6 months? It's pretty brutal hiding from the world. I guess the main thing that scares me is if it somehow fails. I mean what are he odds of failure with a good surgeon?

Hi Jdog,

Congrats on your recent procedure. The waiting is the hardest opart of an HT, and usually doesn't even enter your mind before you have your HT as most tend to just focus on the op itself. I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate personal situation, but at least you're moving in the right direction now! Which surgeon did you go to?

• 1 month later...

Got a 4 month update for us Jdog?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)