Shapiro Medical - Dr Josephitis-6 Months FUE Result-2844 Grafts

Shapiro Medical Group is proud to present a result from Dr. Josephitis and team. This is a 6 Months FUE result utilizing 2844 grafts in one session. Dr. Jean DeVroye's WAW FUE device was used for extraction.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

andy,

The WAW FUE is the device that we are currently using for over 90% of the FUE cases at Shapiro Medical Group. We have been using it now for almost a year and have been very happy with the quality of the grafts and the patient results.

When it comes to FUE devices, they can basically be broken down into manual and motorized systems. Within those types they are also broken down into sharp or blunt - tipped punches.

If you are familiar with the devices, a common sharp punch is made by Cole and a common blunt is made by HARRIS SAFE. I have tried all of these devices and they all have different pros and cons. The WAW is somewhat of a combination of the blunt and sharp. The punch is actually a flat surface so that it actually cuts through the surface as a sharp punch does, but also glides easily past the follicles like the blunt punch does. The punch also uses oscillation and not rotation, so it is much gentler during the deeper dissection.

Currently we feel comfortable using the WAW with all different patients with many different hair types. We are finding the grafts are easier to extract and the grafts have more tissue around them too. There is also a lower transection rate with its use. We are excited to have this device and know that with time it will become more common with other FUE surgeons in the field.

Looks really good at 6 months Dr Josephitis....heard some good things about the WAW device, thanks for the explanation.

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

Looks fantastic - and with several more months of growing to do. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

This is great. Janna, could you please comment on doctor involvement in FUE at SMG ((for doctors Shapiro as well as Josephitis). I recall you mentioned technicians were harvesting grafts for a year ago as it was legal under Minnesota law. Is this still the case?