Hello everyone,

With my HT just around the corner, I am thinking about adding ACELL to the procedure. How do you feel about ACELL?

Have any of you found it useful or a waste of money?

It would only cost $350 with the procedure. When you're comparing it to how much the procedure costs, it is not that bad.

With my HT just around the corner, I am thinking about adding ACELL to the procedure. How do you feel about ACELL?

Have any of you found it useful or a waste of money?

What about PRP? Ever considered that?

Acell was used for my 1st transplant as a holding solution for the grafts.

And I got nothing for my 2nd - both healing time and survival rates appeared to be the same. YMMV.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Well there certainly has been some clinical verification of the healing benefits with Acell...although not convinced of PRP treatments for treating hair loss and especially as a stand alone treatment.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

although not convinced of PRP treatments for treating hair loss and especially as a stand alone treatment.

Hello gillenator,

Really? I have actually seen photos of patients using stand alone PRP. The results are good from what I have seen.

Acell was used for my 1st transplant as a holding solution for the grafts.

Hello voxman,

Interesting! So you used Acell as a way to prevent shock loss? Is this what you are saying?

Acell will not stop shock loss. Acell is used to heal the scar where the strip is taken in fut.

I had acell used and my scar has healed better than I could have hoped it is a non issue for me.

Is it because of the acell ? Who knows? I am guessing it was because it healed remarkably fast.

Some doctors also use acell to preserve the grafts while they are out of the body.

Hello voxman,

Interesting! So you used Acell as a way to prevent shock loss? Is this what you are saying?

No, I am not. In my procedure Acell was used as a 'holding solution' when the grafts were out of body. That was it - I believe the Acell assisted in the healing process after they grafts were placed but it in no way improved my density or coverage.

I have had 2 procedures, one with and one without Acell and I experienced no shock loss in either case.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

No, I am not. In my procedure Acell was used as a 'holding solution' when the grafts were out of body. That was it - I believe the Acell assisted in the healing process after they grafts were placed but it in no way improved my density or coverage.

I have had 2 procedures, one with and one without Acell and I experienced no shock loss in either case.

Well in any case you have an excellent result.

Possibly I should have more specific. PRP does not inhibit in any way the DHT that is the source of MPB hair loss. It does not reverse the effects of MPB either.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Just be careful who you go to because there are some clinics who are charging an extravagant and ridiculous amount of money for stand alone treatments, some in the thousands of dollars....:eek:

Gillenator