Aloe Vera - what type to use?

I've read on lots of threads about using Aloe Vera post surgery to help reduce redness in the recipient area and the clinic have also said I can do that (including on the donor area) but it occurred to me I'm not sure if I've brought the wrong type?

People keep mentioning Aloe Vera but not specifically as a 'gel". Should I have just bought liquid Aloe Vera not in gel form? The gel I purchased is a UK brand called Dr Organic and it's 'Organic Aloe Vera Gel' double strength formula.

Jason is the best Aloe on the planet IMO. Its 98% pure.

I use it often for sunburns and usually its gone within a few days.

Not sure if you can buy it in UK though. But Ebay will probably have it.

EDIT: here you go http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Jason-98-Aloe-Vera-Pure-Natural-Moisturising-Gel-240ml-/161715444235?hash=item25a6fdda0b:g:QwUAAOSwhh5Tor8O

jason%20aloe%20gel%20227_0.JPG

Jason is the best Aloe on the planet IMO. Its 98% pure.

I use it often for sunburns and usually its gone within a few days.

Not sure if you can buy it in UK though. But Ebay will probably have it.

EDIT: here you go Jason 98% Aloe Vera Pure Natural Moisturising Gel 240ml | eBay

Thanks Dutchie, we have Jason products in the UK, but if what you are recommending is also in gel form, then I think I will be fine with what I have. I just wasn't sure if I should have gotten a gel or it in some other form.

This is what I purchased.

101.jpg

Justlax,

Just stay away from harsh chemicals and anything with alcohol. I couldn't find a pure enough one, so I went with an actual Aloe Vera plant. Peeled it, and dabbed it on my grafts gently, and on the donor site.

Justlax,

Just stay away from harsh chemicals and anything with alcohol. I couldn't find a pure enough one, so I went with an actual Aloe Vera plant. Peeled it, and dabbed it on my grafts gently, and on the donor site

Thats actually a good idea.

Or you can buy organic aloe vera powder, dissolve that in purified water, and then apply that liquid on your head twice a day. That way you dont get all the crappy additives that come with commercial products

aloe-vera-powder-1503334.jpg

hi justlax im going throught roughly the same as you im day 15 post op , ive been using aloe vera gel organic 99% what you have is fine ive put it on donor and recipient

bb

And how is that working?? Is it speeding up the healing of your scalp redness??

• 2 weeks later...
When do you people apply it though? It makes my hair really still and straw like, so I can only really do it like an hour before I shower.

Same with my Aloe Vera gel. I put it on after I shower generally but last days in the evening as I am showering at the gym and the gel is at home. As you say, makes it feel quite odd although that has make me think I could use is as a form of hair gel which might be useful because my clinic doesn't suggest hair products for 6 months :D