Is a second hair transplant worth it to leave no questions?

I had a HT 2 yrs ago, and for the past 3 months i've realized that im not pleased at all with the result. I've contacted DR.yaman with pictures and my history and he said he can fix it .My first hair transplant has messed with my mind and all i can think about now is getting it repaired and i want it fast. My first hair transplant was early july 2014 and it sucked going the whole summer with a hair transplant, it will be easier in the winter

My question is, should i go for it? Even though im a student im willing to postpone my studies as my hairline looks fucked up and i have to cover it with bangs.The past 3 months have been horrendous and extremely depressing and deep down i want it done before christmas so i can have peace in my mind. It might sound clich? but i was more happy with my hair prior to my first surgery as i had no previously hair loss. I just had a bad hairline to begin with. I am literally so depressed that i barely go outside anymore. It might sound weird that i didnt have these concerns just untill 3 months ago, but it was a photo my mom took that i realized i cant live in denial anymore. I need 2 get something done again.

Edited by hairfix

Lots of guys have multiple hair transplants before reaching their desired results. I've had 3. The second was to address low yield and the third was to add density and lower the hairline.

As aWidowsPeek stated, photos will help you get more useful advice.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• Administrators
I have an older thread i made a week ago that contains some photos. Check it out.

No body has time to search through your posts, post pics or at least a link to your previous thread. Is a second necessary all depends on your level of loss which at the moment is unknown without pics.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

A 2nd procedure can be very helpful, but of course when that 2nd procedure takes place depends on each patient's unique situation in regard to donor supply, age, meds, and potential for future loss.

You only get a finite amount of grafts, so every patient must use their limited donor supply wisely and realize especially at younger ages that future loss will most likely occur.

Young guys in their twenties need be careful about using up too many grafts chasing a teenage hair-line, because when they are in their 30's, 40's, and 50's they may need to fill in a thinning mid-scalp or balding crown and be out of grafts because they wanted a teenage hairline in their twenties. Always think long term!

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

• Administrators

I really don't see anything wrong with your hairline, it's important to remember surgery can never replace nature, I've seen quite a few guys in their 20's transplant thousands of grafts to the hairline in hopes to reach perfection without realizing there's no substitute for nature. I understand you don't want to lower it but still place more grafts in the existing hairline.

I've seen one case of a guy on another forum who didn't even suffer from hair loss he just wanted a hairline that resembles Zayn Malik, needless to say he went from good natural hairline to unnaturally low surgical hairline.

In my opinion, the cons outweigh the pros, the cons, you waste more grafts on a small area, you may bald later in life and need those grafts, what if those grafts don't survive, what if you actually look worse from a second procedure, plus money and time to heal.

Now the pros, you get a slightly more natural looking hairline that probably only you will notice. It's up to you but remember every surgery is a risk and no one can guarantee you anything.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.