Freaking out!

Kiraly

Hi Guys,

Thought l would start a new thread with another subject title.

I had my fue about 2 1/2 weeks ago and l am panicking a little

I feel like the density is lacking, but l don't know if it's just because my hair is short. The thing l wanted. Most out of the transplant was to have a natural hairline, and to me, at the moment l don't feel it is.

Are my concerns normal for this stage in my transplant journey, or, is the quality not up to scratch? I think I am entering the ugly duckling phase. So l guess l am wondering what everyone's experience was like? Did others feel at this point that their density was lacking, but after the suggested 12-18mobths it turned out well?

Here are a couple of photos

I did notice that l had a 3 or 4 hair graft right behind the frontal hairline - is it normal to have a graft this close to the front?

Advice and feedback really appreciated.

IMG_1550.thumb.JPG.6f1a5697a0b6819ddf3f06204d669dbb.JPG

IMG_1551.thumb.JPG.c59ed54c606edf373c74732cd2b9d9d5.JPG

IMG_1552.thumb.JPG.841500105757b4458e8230480b7f7cae.JPG

Hi Hairfix,

Yes, l think l have shed a little there.

What l would really like to know is if my experience is similar to any one else who has had a transplant?

Did this situation happen to you and did things get better with time?

Hi Hairfix,

Yes, l think l have shed a little there.

What l would really like to know is if my experience is similar to any one else who has had a transplant?

Did this situation happen to you and did things get better with time?

I did shed quite a bit, but for me i need a second transplant to make it more "natural" and dense. It really sucks, but it is what it is. Its better to have something to work on than nothing :) Im soon gonna take the plunge for the second and last time, i really hope it sorts out for you, it really sucks waiting 1 year and not getting the result i wanted. I dont wish that dissapointment on ANYONE. Im crossing my fingers for you. I had a different situation than you. I had high hopes early, but i realized i didn't get the result i wanted 2 years after my HT, because i was in denial for over a year untill i realized it.

I hear what your saying.

But the reason l went to this clinic and agreed to the number of grafts (5000) was because the clinic suggested that getting fewer grafts would lead to disappointment.

Well, I'm just not so sure any more.

Does anyone else on this forum have any feedback?

I hear what your saying.

But the reason l went to this clinic and agreed to the number of grafts (5000) was because the clinic suggested that getting fewer grafts would lead to disappointment.

Well, I'm just not so sure any more.

Does anyone else on this forum have any feedback?

5000 grafts for ONLY hairline work? Thats CRAZY

Hi Guys,

Thought l would start a new thread with another subject title.

I had my fue about 2 1/2 weeks ago and l am panicking a little

I feel like the density is lacking, but l don't know if it's just because my hair is short. The thing l wanted. Most out of the transplant was to have a natural hairline, and to me, at the moment l don't feel it is.

Are my concerns normal for this stage in my transplant journey, or, is the quality not up to scratch? I think I am entering the ugly duckling phase. So l guess l am wondering what everyone's experience was like? Did others feel at this point that their density was lacking, but after the suggested 12-18mobths it turned out well?

Here are a couple of photos

I did notice that l had a 3 or 4 hair graft right behind the frontal hairline - is it normal to have a graft this close to the front?

Advice and feedback really appreciated.

As AWidowsPeak suggests, take a deep breath. I know it's easier said than done and I've had my fair share of panics this past week. IMHO the pics look good to me but I appreciate hairline might look a little different in person. What about the hair line worries you specifically?

I know looking at some of the marked up head and immediate post op pics I've had concerns about the temples in terms of looking natural but I've seen it looks petty much the same on many of the mark duo/post surgery patient pics on Asmed's website but then you look st their six months or later shots and when it's grown out it looks great.

Hi JustJax,

I just felt there was quite a gap between grafts. But, it could be due to shedding too.

Btw, when l asked how you are travelling - in australia that phrase is often used to ask how are you going?!

the number of grafts (5000)

You got 5000 FUE grafts?

Did you get all 5000 FUE grafts in one session?

How long were you in the chair for 5000 FUE grafts?

What country was your surgery?

Any "before" pics?

I think at 2.5 weeks post-op it's way to early too make a judgement or panic

but I bet you'll be fine, especially with that many grafts.

Happy Growing!

Edited by Shampoo

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I did shed quite a bit, but for me i need a second transplant to make it more "natural" and dense. It really sucks, but it is what it is. Its better to have something to work on than nothing :) Im soon gonna take the plunge for the second and last time, i really hope it sorts out for you, it really sucks waiting 1 year and not getting the result i wanted. I dont wish that dissapointment on ANYONE. Im crossing my fingers for you. I had a different situation than you. I had high hopes early, but i realized i didn't get the result i wanted 2 years after my HT, because i was in denial for over a year untill i realized it.

how many fues did you have ?

Hi JustJax,

I just felt there was quite a gap between grafts. But, it could be due to shedding too.

Btw, when l asked how you are travelling - in australia that phrase is often used to ask how are you going?!

Sorry just realised I missed responding. I have a feeling I am going to be in the same position as you in a week or two. I've been stressing (shocker!) today about seeing what looks like three fallen grafts after washing today but been doing some googling and I'm now a little more confident they are just hairs and not the grafts themselves and those can fall at anytime. So basically at this point it could be that your lack of coverage is down to some shredding that has already taken place. Also Asmed told me that the skin is still swollen to some extent and that also makes it look less dense. Finally as some else posted, very short hair is less forgiving. Once it grows out, it'll probably appears denser. At least this is what I'm telling myself. ;)