I want to work out

Big1

Its been about 2 months since my surgery. This was not my 1st, it was my 4th and I am prone to scarring as it is. My elasticity has only diminished after each passing surgery.

I had a very wide scar after my third surgery. At 2 months post-op (from surgery number 4) the scar is much, much better than scar number 3; however, I don't want to mess that up.

Do you think 2 months is too soon to work out? icon_cool.gif

Its been about 2 months since my surgery. This was not my 1st, it was my 4th and I am prone to scarring as it is. My elasticity has only diminished after each passing surgery.

I had a very wide scar after my third surgery. At 2 months post-op (from surgery number 4) the scar is much, much better than scar number 3; however, I don't want to mess that up.

Do you think 2 months is too soon to work out? icon_cool.gif

Big1,

From your history. I can only speculate on this.

I wouldn't do anything. Not until the beloved 3 month mark!

Most would say you are fine, but you have had complications. I would definetely take more than the average time off.

The best option would be to ask your doctor what his opinion on your situation is. I would trust he has probably heard of your situation before.

This might be the best way to be safer than sorry.

Big 1,

I sympathize with you, man. I am not a bodybuilder or anything like that but if I do not work out for even a couple of days then I feel it bad. From what you say about being susceptible to scar-stretching, though, I would definitely give it some more time. I know that its a hard wait, but it'll be worth it.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Robert,

Funny you mention that caus' from your latest pictures I can actually tell you've been working out! You look great man!

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

To be safe-- considering your history, I wouldnt do any heavy workouts for 3 months. However, I would think doing light/high reps workouts to keep the blood in your muslces should be OK. (you will not build strength but want loose mass) As long as you do light weights at a slow pace-- the key is not to strain or hold your breath-- breath in and out helps keep tension/blood rush to your head.

Do this for the first 3-4 months you should be OK.