Transplanting Hairs to some bald spots in my beard

Hey everyone,

As the title suggests, you can see from the image that I have a thick beard but with 3 bald spots (2 are bigger in size than the third which is quite small). When I let my beard grow, they look very odd especially that I have a full thick beard everywhere else.

I have already checked dermatologists to find out if this was some skin disorder, but they said that they are just scars where hair will not grow.

I'm considering transplanting some 50-100 grafts (plus or minus) depending on the doctor's suggestion. I think it would be a quite simple procedure. Is there anything I should be aware of when transplanting grafts in those areas? I have researched much about transplanting hairs to the scalp but not to the beard.

Would be grateful to hear your replies or suggestions.

FullSizeRender.png.af54b68425b2acb78a839d87523f0133.png

• Administrators

You can transplant beard to beard just like scalp to scalp, especially since you have thick beard every where else, no need to use scalp which is better suited on your head.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The composite of the scar tissue is a consideration. The more dense or compact it is, the tougher it is for hair to grow through it.

But other beard grafts would be best suited as HT Soon pointed out. Typically beard hair is more coarse compared to scalp hair and has the best chances of penetrating scar tissue.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY