Lasercomb: Any experience

It says "Many hair transplant surgeons are using the LaserComb to complement their transplant"... I can't think of any!

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Its a fraud.

I know. i did the stupid mistake of going to Advanced Hairs Studios in Sydney where they use the same technique, only charge you 10 times more for it.

It does not work at all.

During the time I used it (12 months) I had excactly the same hair fallout as before if not slightly more.

Spend your money wiser.

Aaaaaaaaaaah the "famous" Advanced Hair Studios!!! I too have a little story about those crooks ;-)

I went in one of their UK "studios" last year after having seen a TV ad in South Africa. That was prior to my 1st HT. I was greeted by some foreign guy with no medical background, a salesman basically. He had a hairpiece himself which was quite easy to detect. I pointed that out & actually he didn't try to lie or hide it.

Anyway, he showed me some "impressive" (yeah right) videos about their 2 products: the "Advanced Laser Therapy" and the "Strand by Strand".

With the "Advanced Laser Therapy", you come to AHS (Advanced Hair Studio) on a regular basis and put your head under a "laser helmet" to, I quote, "open the pores and regenerate your hair follicles".

He gave me the following prices:

Over 6 months: 16 sessions: ??2,600 ($4,800)

26 sessions: ??2,800 ($5,200)

Over 1 year: 26 sessions: ??3,000 ($5,500)

40 sessions: ??3,400 ($6,300)

Of course I asked: "OK but when you stop the treatment after this x number of sessions, what happens to the hair you've gained?"

Answer from the guy (a bit embarrassed): well, er, eventually the process reverses and you might loose the hair you've gained.

In other words you have to spend at the very least $5,500 per year for the rest of your life. Will your hair grow? Probably not. Will their income grow? Most certainly.

The 2nd system "Strand by strand" is of course a hairpiece. They take a few hair samples and order it (he told me it takes 8 weeks to arrive and wouldn't say where from). Then you come back, they shave your head and fix the system with collagen. This costs ??2,700 ($5,000) if you want it done in only one stage, and ??3,200 ($5,900) in 2 stages. Of course the major problem is that the natural hair grows underneath and therefore you need to come back to AHS EVERY 4 TO 6 WEEKS and pay ??50 ($90) each time to take the hairpiece off, shave your head again & put it back on. Other problems include infections between the scalp and the system, etc.

So I asked: "What if I move to a country where there's no AHS to fix my hairpiece? He said nothing.

I had to leave quickly as I felt like making him eat his hairpiece. Sadly, on my way out, I saw 3 or 4 guys waiting in the lounge. I bet he sold the laser helmet to at least 2 of them! What more could we possibly do to educate the world??

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

I almost bought it from the advertisements, but decided to read a little bit.

It was funny I could not find any scientific explanation..The best scientific explanation that i could find in most of the web sites was, they compared the hair growth because of laser lights with Photosynthesis of plants. THAT WAS ENOUGH to drive me away...may be comparison could be maded but no one ever told on what common basis were the comparison made.

I thought it was just crazy to say since plants can do it so can hair follicles.

Bottom line..I have heard more people say that its a hoax and very very few people say that it helped(I was thinking this could be just psychological effect).

I have used the Lasercomb for around 9 months now. I dont think it will regrow hair, but I do think it helps the hair you have that is thinning return to some thickness.

I experienced the same kind of shedding when I started using it initially as I did when I started using proscar. That leads me to believe that the hair is entering a telogen phase (not sure of terminology). That meant the hair that I was suddenly losing would grow in thicker.

I can really say I thought the hair felt thicker and healthier, but not that I am growing any hair in areas that has thinned out.

I read an article in a magazine called Elevate where they said it was like charging a battery. If the battery is dead, its dead, but if the battery is low it can be recharged.

hope that helps

Hi,

I've been using the Lasercomb for well over a year now. I'd say that it does indeed thicken some vellous hairs, especially in the front hairline. I didn't notice any real improvement in the crown, but after only a few weeks of use I noticed some very fine vellous hairs in my hairline started growing longer, thicker, and darker. I can't say if the lasercomb stops further hairloss, because I have been on propecia for six years and that has stopped it. I think the lasercomb does work a bit, but it is not the cure we have all been wiaiting for that will grow back all your hair. The comb cost me $500 (for a reconditioned one) which is less than what I spent on Rogaine years ago (and Rogaine SPED UP my hairloss!) Hope that helps.