2350 grafts into frontal zone with Dr. Rahal - 11/25/09 - Great Experience!

EV

I drove up from NY to Ottawa 2 days ago to have my first ever hair transplant with Dr. Rahal. I invite you to read my blog to hear more about my own personal experience from first noticing my hairloss through 2 days ago when I finally decided to have the surgery. I won't get too into that here.

What I will mention is that I was quite nervous...IMMENSELY nervous to be sure...despite the fact that I researched this science and technology, meeting with numerous incredibly well-credentialed surgeons, for the better part of 5 years. I can say, without reservation, that I found every one of the HTN-recommended surgeons with whom I communicated to be quality human beings of the highest order and surgeons with a deep respect for their own personal skill and artistry.

In the end, I decided that Dr. Rahal was my guy and I couldn't be happier having made that decision. It's not the closest trip in the world to go from NYC to Ottawa but I agree with other members of this forum and community that distance shouldn't be an issue. What needs to be the only issue is who do you feel comfortable with and who do you think is going to give you the best result. Dr. Rahal is a gentleman and a scholar, as well as a very personable man whom I've enjoyed getting to know and have enjoyed having the opportunity to chat with. His bedside manner is second-to-none. Even my father came up to Ottawa today (2 days post surgery) and came with me to meet him and had nothing but nice things to say about him and his staff.

I can tell you that I barely slept for almost 60 hours pre-surgery from the nerves and anxiety of what was to come. I was nervous about the unknown and about committing myself to a whole new life of "transplant patient" being that I really didn't know what to expect other than what I'd read from other blogs and from other websites. My fears proved to be unfounded and, assuming you feel you've done your research and you're ready to take the plunge, I would tell other people that you should go ahead and have a procedure and not worry about it too much. I don't know if and/or when I'll ever need a 2nd surgery, but if I do, Dr. Rahal is my guy and I won't have anywhere near the anxiety the 2nd time around. Still, like anyone else, I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be it for a long time. We'll have to see how the healing and growth proceed.

Again, I invite you to check out my blog and leave comments and/or questions and I'll be happy to respond.

Your photos aren't showing on the gallery on this page. At the blog though everything is fine.

Everything looks typically tidy. Plenty of hat weather to come while you wait out the doldrums. Good growth to you!

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thank you, guys. Sorry the photos aren't working on this page. Turns out they were a bit too big for the server and I don't have a good re-sizing program. Glad you checked out the blog photos and have good feedback. I appreciate the good wishes and the time you spent checking them out. icon_smile.gif

EV,

You shouldn't have to resize any of your photos when adding them to your patient website. I believe however, that they have to be in JPG format. Photos uploaded to your website will be resized automatically.

I do see your postoperative photos on your site posted yesterday. It looks like you're going to have a very nice densely packed result when it all grows in.

Happy growing!

Bill

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Bill. I'll have to check again to make sure my photos are in jpg format. They were all over 1MB in size and the program told me they had to be 500KB or smaller. I'll try again maybe later today.

Regardless, thanks for taking a look at my blog and for the comments regarding my results. This website has been (and remains) an invaluable resource to me and hopefully my blog and my posts can be helpful to somebody else.

EV,

Much congratulations on your recent procedure. Work looks great, and your in for one hell of a hairline. As always, an impressively clean and dense packed session from Rahal.

Your blog details it perfectly, that despite concealers being able to perform miracles, there is a problem in the knowledge that you are having to use them. However, this doesnt look like it will be the case with yourself for much longer!

May I ask you your age?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks for the nice words and for taking the time to offer some feedback, Raphael84! I'm very much looking forward to seeing the results start to spring to life in a few months. icon_smile.gif

Yeah...with the concealers, I got a lot of mileage out of those and probably could have gotten quite a bit more for another few years but I hated washing them out at the end of the day and seeing what I was left with. Plus, I used them for the better part of 5 years and, during that time, the right side of my hairline really eroded, making it hard to have any kind of non-concealed hairstyle that didn't blow my cover. Basically, no matter what I was doing, I had to style my hair to leave the house if I didn't want to give myself away. At the beginning when I first started using them, it wasn't like that and I didn't mind as much. Propecia and Rogaine did wonders for me, but the hairline erosion seemed too powerful for the meds.

Anyway, I'm 33 right now. Thanks for the kind words and for dropping me a line and stay in touch.