Fresh from an HT in Turkey / 4200 grafts / $1600

Hey everyone. Just came back (Oct 1st) from Istanbul, Turkey. 4200 grafts. Happy as heck and simply wanted to share.

Istanbul is great. I went at the end of September and wished I had gone over the summer instead of waiting.

I went to RealHairCenter in Istanbul and the doctor is incredible. She did a majority of the surgery with the help of her nurses. The supporting staff in charge of logistics were just as important as the procedure itself because of the way they handled the transportation, hotel, and hospitality, all of which calmed my nerves and made this experience much easier than expected.

Not sure if I can post link to the clinic but this is the name for messaging the staff (Gusun or Sham) via Facebook:

Zeynep Gunel

You can also Facebook-message the clinic:

RealHairCenter

Name of doctor: Dr. Zeynep Gunel - female - RealHairCenter

Name of staff: Gusun (guh-sun) and Sham (like SH-om) - both females

Driver: Mustafa (moos-ta-fa) - manager, great guy

Email me if you have any questions. I believe it's only fair i repay for all the help I have gotten from this site and its members.

happycanarelli@gmail.com

5b32ef28d2d6d_Day1Post-op.JPG.909843638e9578e39114c885053cb0e2.JPG

5b32ef28e7142_Day3post-op.JPG.69aec5db49b61074dafd30196f3aefc7.JPG

5b32ef2900da6_Day7Post-op.JPG.1823f723ff14c94c7257e49bca00aa8a.JPG

5b32ef3303e35_Day10.JPG.dc2b5f3fca9f7fa1abb41a9ff7b9d783.JPG

5b32ef585ee0b_Day16postop.JPG.eba5c1b6857e7e3ab3188a3c2ec656ee.JPG

Edited by happycanarelli

Have you planned on having a second session or touch-up? How many hours did the surgery take to complete? Thanks for sharing.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

The doctor was involved in most of the procedure? Amazing! For a minute I thought this was another Turkish tech-only factory!

I saw something scary about a technician-only clinic with similar prices.

(videos removed by moderator)

Update us about your evolution, especially when the scabs fall. Very curious to see it from up close. It would be awesome to see some quality work and good yield for such a price. How did you make your research?

On the other hand the staff being male or female doesn't matter here. It's a life changing procedure that involves a lot of risks it's not about the company.

Could we also see your donor area? Thank you for your time!

Edited by David - Moderator

Gman, I will definitely update. I always looked for detailed updates on these sites and so I will be as elaborate as possible. I will also provide pics accordingly. (up-close pics)

The doctor did approx. 85% of all the work herself. The nursing staff assisted her with the rest.

I researched through two individuals that were actual patients and based my decision off of what they stated and most importantly, what i saw.

FOR ME PERSONALLY, it does in fact make a difference on whether male or female are present. I felt more at ease with a female staff. Comforting. I think that if it was mostly or all males, it would have made me feel uncomfortable. Again, this is only my opinion.

Once again, I will most definitely keep this site updated with my progress.

Work looks clean and refined. Looking forward to your updates!

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

happy,

I've just removed a facebook link from one of your posts for the third time. You are more than welcome to share your experience with the members of our community by updating your thread, creating a photo album, blog or a hair restoration website.

Please review our Terms of Service and refrain from posting any further links to third-party promotional content.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Just posted pic of Day16 (post-op)

Shedding most scabs...and looks like i'm shedding some hair. I read about this phase and hoped i was immune to it.

Oh well, whatever. Here goes.

I'll post again at 1-month post-op.

5b32ef5876e68_Day16postop.JPG.d0d211a83aa91e260d6bcecb50a7d9e7.JPG

Edited by happycanarelli

• 2 weeks later...

Gman, what is your deal? Why is it that you have to attack and be negative? I am trying to help anyone that wants to inquire and feel comfortable with their options and you've simply been visiting my thread as if you're some kind of HAIR POLICE.

If you don't have anything positive to contribute, i respectfully ask that you simply take it somewhere else. It just makes no sense why you're trolling around my thread and not being helpful whatsoever.

Furthermore, you sound foolish labeling me some kind of salesman. The ignorance you display is mixed with hate.

Lastly, I ask that you remove your recent post as I'd prefer to keep it positive and only convey a message of helpfulness and contribute positive feedback, just as i did when i was looking to get my procedure done.

Not the opposite.

Edited by happycanarelli

This is a place for legitimate consumer advice between real patients, advisors and doctors. Go promote your business in YouTube comments at best. No patient ever shows up on a forum promoting his clinic right after his surgery and offering phone calls. You have a very unethical job and you still suck at it.

And your posts sound way to fake even for broke and guilible patients. You need more trolling practice before you can make some money out of it. Who actually asked to call you, your imaginary customers? Time to try with another account, you've been exposed for posting promotional links already.

Anyway...:cool:

Getting back to the important stuff.

Here is my one-month update (minus a day, going out of town, no time tomorrow)

I have begun to shed dead skin and hair. Curious as to how much more i will lose.

I'm patient but overall happy so far with results. Hoping my new hairline stays and the donor area heals completely .

I am currently using Minoxidil 5% for the crown area in hopes that it blends with/into the newly transplanted area. :D

Nonetheless, if the crown doesnt work due to Minoxidil, i will reevaluate my donor area and its status. Then make decision as to if i will go in for second procedure...to fill it in.

I also added my before photos (below this post) that i had sent out to the clinics before consulting.

1-month-a-a.JPG.c70dfe4eb04f26a26fe6e5de8b268b07.JPG

1-month-a.JPG.3dbc93a3a726304f6353909a2782a956.JPG

1-month-b.JPG.b425dea17037b9be6bbad2fc7697c3e1.JPG

1-month-c.JPG.39b03e5cb56435e94e3cac52b40e1be8.JPG

1-month-donor-a.JPG.822494c2359989d090c688d0d0a0deca.JPG

1-month-donor-b.JPG.f87ef237ba91da30dcbdadfec4a5d36d.JPG

1-month-donor-c.JPG.1df6d6a9abcf00ccc1796ecc9be7d070.JPG

1-month-donor-d.JPG.a6d454def69cdebd0ccec2b04e307b55.JPG

1-month-donor-e.JPG.b884eb8fcf39e3ded2802bce1dc5902f.JPG

1-month-donor-f.JPG.7d2a930af591af0b3fe9fc66018a44c1.JPG

1-month-donor-g.JPG.cac6a9d64936d589266dec7162385dcd.JPG

1-month-donor-h.JPG.0c596f4e78b2003be780edb791f226e9.JPG

1-month-donor-i.JPG.956abf2637caf7d366f57d1e55d1fae3.JPG

Edited by happycanarelli

Thanks for posting the pre-ops. Good luck for the future.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Obvious salesman is obvious. What are the mods doing??

Gman,

While I appreciate your vigilance in trying to keep our community clear of spammers and shills but I don't understand your comment "What are the mods doing?" Perhaps you overlooked my earlier post addressing Happy's continuous posting of the Facebook link.

He has corrected his posting behavior and is not currently violation our Terms of Service. While I agree that his posting behavior initially seemed suspicious and I can assure you that I've kept my eye on it.

At this stage, he appears to be a genuine hair transplant patient sharing his results. As to whether or not he is employed by the clinic I can't say. There is no proof of this so I'll take him at his word until I have information to the contrary.

There is no need to continue to aggressively accuse him of being a shill.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Sometimes posters may appear over-zealous after having a transplant it's natural to feel euphoric when you can see a hair-line after years without one, I was the same, looking back to my first posts I did the same thing it was only after a while taking stock and learning more that

I realised everything concerning my transplant wasn't as it should of been, luckily the transplant turned out good ,to me the OP on this thread always came across as genuine to me.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support.

David, in response to your post, I am an electrical engineer on the West Coast and I have been for some years now. Never been in the medical sector, never will.

Respectively, thanks again, both of you, and I look forward to continuing with my (positive) posts here.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support.

David, in response to your post, I am an electrical engineer on the West Coast and I have been for some years now. Never been in the medical sector, never will.

Respectively, thanks again, both of you, and I look forward to continuing with my (positive) posts here.

Why in god's name anyone would go to Turkey when you live in the US or Canada is beyond me. I know 1600 is great, but I believe you get what you pay for...

Good luck none the less.