Would like suggestions to a great hair transplant doctor

milo12

Always good to be here on this site. Hope that you fine gentlemen can assist me in my need. Over the course of a year I have been looking at options for my hair loss. During that time I have read magazines, books and websites (like this one) to help me make a wise decision in such a delicate situation. However this has not been a simple decision for me to make.

That said I would like your suggestions as to which doctors are known to plug as many grafts as possible in an otherwise thinning area. Do keep in mind that I want to keep my hair in this thinning area intact (though I know the grafts will will plugged in between them).

Good to know I can count on your experiences. I look forward to your answers. Thank you much.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend checking out our list of recommended physicians. You can also use our interactive map to locate recommended doctors in your area.

You can also schedule online consultations with any of them.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Well thank you for your well rounded responses. As you may know finding a good qualified anything is difficult in and of itself. I think the best thing for me is to take my time and peruse the forum for such reviews with no rush. I'll get on that right away.

Hey Milo, I have been on this forum since 2013 and after 2 years of research decided to have FUE surgery, 3200 grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan in November 2015 and I'm very pleased with how my hair has turned out.

I traveled all the way from Australia to Turkey for my surgery as I believe he is in the top 3 hair transplant surgeons in the world at present. You can follow my experience here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181776-asmed-dr-koray-erdogan-3200-fue-november-25th-2015-a.html

All the best mate!

Always good to be here on this site. Hope that you fine gentlemen can assist me in my need. Over the course of a year I have been looking at options for my hair loss. During that time I have read magazines, books and websites (like this one) to help me make a wise decision in such a delicate situation. However this has not been a simple decision for me to make.

That said I would like your suggestions as to which doctors are known to plug as many grafts as possible in an otherwise thinning area. Do keep in mind that I want to keep my hair in this thinning area intact (though I know the grafts will will plugged in between them).

Good to know I can count on your experiences. I look forward to your answers. Thank you much.

Hey Milo12

There are so many doctors recommended here and most of them are good maybe a few of them still need to get more good outcome anyway you just need to decided where to do your surgery because each region has different price and different quality.

There are a few doctors are on the top however they charge different due to the place they do surgery but quality is the same!!!

I am not medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice

Dense packing into areas with no hair or hair that is totally miniaturized is where HT doctors can really provide dense results. Some of the great ones that come to mind in terms of recommended surgeons are Konior, Bisanga and Hasson based on not only lengthy research but also personal experience.

However, when opting to transplant into already existing hair your best option is to maintain and possibly regrow using Finasteride (being wary of possible side affects along the way), and shave down the hair to allow the doctor freedom to place grafts into the narrow spaces between existing hairs which will help to also avoid "shockloss" as well.

One way you can research is to do a search for keywords here or on Google for "second procedure with Dr. ..." "procedure for increased density" etc. and see which surgeon results and feedback impress you.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hey Milo, I have been on this forum since 2013 and after 2 years of research decided to have FUE surgery, 3200 grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan in November 2015 and I'm very pleased with how my hair has turned out.

Well thank you Raman for your contribution to my thread - and to my future hair restoration at that! Honestly I have just scratched the surface in researching Dr. Erdogan. He is in Turkey of course. Yet I have been warned from a couple of posters here that these Turkish hair transplant doctors perform dense packing sessions. Would this be a bit harmful to hair growth?

As to your procedure I could not find your gallery of before-and-after pictures. Can you post a link to that if you do not mind? I would be most grateful to you if you did.

Thank you.

Dense packing into areas with no hair or hair that is totally miniaturized is where HT doctors can really provide dense results. Some of the great ones that come to mind in terms of recommended surgeons are Konior, Bisanga and Hasson based on not only lengthy research but also personal experience.

Yes I have been coming across Konior and Hasson a lot on this site. It seems he is good quality of a surgeon and respected by all the users on this site. Have not looked into Bisanga just yet. But I will soon after I do more digging around. Currently I am adding doctors to my short list.