did not know I was meant to spray grafts day 1, damage?

Just Last week I had FUT to create a straight front hairline that I wanted like my brothers.

I had 2300 grafts planted in what looks to be a very cool low even hairline the surgeon designed for me. In all the info I was taking in I missed the part where that night following surgery I was meant to spray my grafts once an hour while I was awake, they asked me the following day if I had been doing it, and I said oh no I didnt think I was meant to start till day 2, they didnt say much more about it, so I just did the spraying for the next 3 days.

My question is, would I have done any damage to the long term success of my transplant by not spraying the grafts for the first 24 hours? or is spraying just one thing to assist but not critical? So far my grafts dont seem to be scabbing up or crusting, just have the spikey hair and a slight tinge of redish tinge at the base of the hair. Its been 4 days since the surgery.

Thanks and kind regards.

We ask our patients to spray the recipient every half and hour and two hours during the night with a liposomal ATP spray to keep the grafts hydrated and oxygenated. Our patients are seeing quicker recovery in terms of redness also as a result.

Not every clinic recommends doing this as most have different post op protocols.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

We ask our patients to spray the recipient every half and hour and two hours during the night with a liposomal ATP spray to keep the grafts hydrated and oxygenated. Our patients are seeing quicker recovery in terms of redness also as a result.

Not every clinic recommends doing this as most have different post op protocols.

So would I be correct in interrupting your comment as its a good idea to spray as I was told to, but I would be unlikely to have done any real damage?

The peace of mind is crucial to me, thanks.

So would I be correct in interrupting your comment as its a good idea to spray as I was told to, but I would be unlikely to have done any real damage?

The peace of mind is crucial to me, thanks.

Devious, don't worry, you're golden. You've hit the nail on the head with your comment. Yes, it helps in terms of keeping stuff moist and the scabs soft and the ATP spray may help with redness, but you've done nothing to harm them by not spraying. I didn't spray mine at all post surgery.

Devious, don't worry, you're golden. You've hit the nail on the head with your comment. Yes, it helps in terms of keeping stuff moist and the scabs soft and the ATP spray may help with redness, but you've done nothing to harm them by not spraying. I didn't spray mine at all post surgery.

Thanks you just made my day!

I am sure everyone knows the feeling, but right now im just so damn pleased with how it looks that I cant find enough mirrors and the thought of messing up is terrifying. Im not looking forward to the shedding phase haha

thanks again for the post.