How big are FUT scars usually?

Hey guys I'm gonna do it and just get HT in next coming month. I have decided on doing the Long Hair Transplant method and probably will choose between

Dr, Erdogan from turkey

Or

Dr. Akaki Tsilosani from Talizi

Dr. Erdogan does FUE style for long hair but iam leaning more towards Dr. Tsilosani which the method is Fut.

Talizi clinic says on website that the scar will be unnoticeable because they use the Trixofitic Closure. Was just wondering if anybody can give me any advice before I go through with the surgery. thanks.

Trichophytic closure doesn't guarantee that your scar will be thin and stay that way. FUT scars can stretch over time.

Your FUE options are plentiful nowadays so why risk having a noticeable scar? Just pick a great doctor that only does FUE and go for it. Getting your head shaved sucks but it grows back :P

I think trichophytic closure actually makes it more likely to stretch in young patients with tight scalps.

I'd say 2mm is a good expectation, with stretching up to 5mm being not too uncommon. Those huge 1cm scars are pretty rare.

Looking at your options, definitely go with Erdogan.

That Talizi surgeon you picked seems to be a bargain bin option that desperately advertises their super cheap sub $1 a graft price to get sales.

Stash,

We started filming FUT scar "combthroughs" to help answer this question. Here are a few if you're interested:

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Stash:

If you ever wish to wear a shorter hairstyle again, I would think long and hard before undergoing a strip surgery. By and large, FUE will allow for a wider range of hairstyles without any tell-tale signs being visible in the donor area. Read Mickey's informative FUE threads available on here too.

How old are you? I would hate for you to have a scar preventing you from wearing a buzzcut later on in life should your hair loss progress.

Have you considered consulting with a few more doctors from the World FUE Institute (in person)? Here you'll find many of the world's best FUE doctors, including Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Lorenzo, Dr. Rahal, Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Lupanzula, among others.

Finally, have you considered simply sporting a buzzcut or wearing a hair system instead of undergoing surgery? Remember that there is always a risk with having surgery. Once you're cut, you're cut. Having a hair transplant should be a last resort only considered after all other options have been exhausted.

Good luck.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi Delancy thank you for your concern. I am 36 year old and I think my hairloss has stabilized even got better last 2 year( been on fin 4 year and had 2 PRP injection) I always kept my hair long probably won't change my style. My only worry is when I grow older and have no choice how it will look then. But honestly that guy scar ain't that bad I could live with that I guess. I'm looking for only small amount maybe 1500 grafts Long hair Fue. I never heard of that website but I definitely will check it out thanks. Is there any doctor on there that does long hair transplant like Dr Erdogen?

You can still wear short hair with FUT, just not buzzed, and if you want to buzz your head then why have hair transplanted?

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016