When do you think a post op patient should start to panic over the results?

You wanted him to compare to garagefrontman but obviously you left that schedule now

No, I didnt leave any schedule. All I said it could take up to 2 years to see the full effect

What schedule are you using for reference this time, and does it by any miraculous coincidence have no relevant reference photos?

It seems you're a little slow on the uptake.

Everybody grows back their HT a little differently, some are fast growers, some are (very) slow growers. OP might fall in the slow grow schedule, but that doesnt mean he's headed for a failed HT like you're trying to scare him with

A reference schedule that obviously is so reliable and common must be very well documented with several cases, so why dont you link us to ONE of those so we can review this documentation that is so well known to you and yet so elusive to those in a similar situation?

I have no idea what you're going on about now.

You need to stop scaring the guy with false information. Right now you're doing more harm than good

I'd say it depends on it you still see something happening really.

If you're 8 months post op and haven't seen new hair for the past 3 months, your surgery is probably a failure.

If you're 8 months without much growth, but can see some small hairs that have popped out in the last month, then you're still experiencing growth and can probably expect it to get better.

As far as the slow grower narrative goes, it can happen but I do believe its very rare in the way that I often see it explained here. Looking at hundreds+ results over the past few years on this site, I've seen maybe 2 results that had just about nothing at 6 months but improved later on. The worst case of slow growth still usually has like 40% growth that's just too wispy to matter at the moment and it improves onwards.

I'd say it depends on it you still see something happening really.

If you're 8 months post op and haven't seen new hair for the past 3 months, your surgery is probably a failure.

If you're 8 months without much growth, but can see some small hairs that have popped out in the last month, then you're still experiencing growth and can probably expect it to get better

I guess you missed his update, he made an error and said he's only 5 months into his HT, not 8 months

I think we can all agree that results and the corresponding regrowth timelines are going to vary between individuals.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...

At 6 months, I would have called my left side an almost complete failure. But at 10 months, I think some of the shockloss has come back and the grafts that survived are thickening. Just depends on how I style my hair. It is by far not perfect, but compared to 6 months it is a huge improvement. I will definitely need a touch up on that side.

Hope this helps

i went to restoration centers ....8 months no growth.......$ 3 per graf.............what do you expect....they all lie

Are you saying all hair transplant clinics lie? Just because you got stung doesn't mean every clinic is the same. Are you here to learn or make unsubstantial statements?

When I got my first transplant they didn't tell me the whole truth. They under promised and they overachieved. I was so happy with my transplant that I send 5 friends to have surgery, all of them are really happy. I do agree the majority of all transplants surgeons are incapability and don't tell the whole truth. This is why websites like this are good to find the good ones.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson