Hairloss increased dramatically after 1 month with FIN.

Hey guys,

So my hairloss is really aggressive now and i'm on 24\7 stress, I'm trying to work on my self but i can't, I seriously even can breath right.

Does it supposed to be like that or should I stop taking it immediately?

Thank you so much.

As far as I know, shedding is normal. It grows back. I was shedding like crazy (but body hair in my case) during the first few weeks.

Hey man, thank you so much for your comment.

Do you know where the shedding should stop? (Not the regular shedding I had before taking FIN, the aggressive shedding that came because of it).

Thank you so much!

Daniel,

The more pronounced shedding from the initial use of finasteride is a good thing IMHO. And many docs will inform you that the shedding is a good sign that you are responding well to the medication. Many of the follicles retreat into the resting phase and why the shedding follows.

Like any other resting period, the follicles tend to rest for approximately 3 months and then re-enter the next growth cycle.

So while it is a bit unnerving to see the thinning of your hair occurring, eventually it will thicken up but this time effectively inhibiting the nasty DHT that was destroying those precious follicles.

Hang in there and be patient Daniel and it will pay dividends for you...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Daniel,

The more pronounced shedding from the initial use of finasteride is a good thing IMHO. And many docs will inform you that the shedding is a good sign that you are responding well to the medication. Many of the follicles retreat into the resting phase and why the shedding follows.

Like any other resting period, the follicles tend to rest for approximately 3 months and then re-enter the next growth cycle.

So while it is a bit unnerving to see the thinning of your hair occurring, eventually it will thicken up but this time effectively inhibiting the nasty DHT that was destroying those precious follicles.

Hang in there and be patient Daniel and it will pay dividends for you...;)

You made me so happy!!!!!!! I seriously started to freak out, I didn't know what's going on since I was taking it for only 30 days and during forth week I noticed that my hair sheds even more.

I wanted to stop taking it from today but after reading your comment I will continue, I barely could sleep and had tons of stress in the last week because of that, I even started to take pills against stress.

So i'm very glad to hear your comment, do you know by the way how long it will shed like this before the shedding may stop?

Thanks a lot my man!

You're very welcome my friend.

On average, a shed cycle can last anywhere between 4-6 weeks and even up to 12 weeks in duration.

Hopefully, yours will not last vey long and best wishes to you with the medication and appears that you are responding well to it....;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hey Daniel,

I'm right there with you, it' my second time on fin. 3 months now and it has destroyed my hair all the way back to an nw5 pattern.:confused:

Just gottake stick it out and hope I come out better in the long run.

It is very frustrating and shocking at the momemt, though.

Good luck and hang in there.