Finasteride tip for Target Pharmacy/CVS

pkipling

For those that aren't aware, it appears that Target Pharmacy is slowly transitioning to CVS. I went today to pick up a refill of my Finasteride and found this out. My Target prescription used to be $9 for a 30 day supply of 5mg tablets (that I cut into quarters). When I went to pick up my prescription today from what is now CVS, the price was $88. :eek:

Anyway - If you tell them that you were a Target customer beforehand, they have a discount code they can keep on your file so that they can honor the original $9 price. Just a head's up for anyone who might run into this situation in the future so you can save some serious cash. :cool:

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Wow! I knew that Target had partnered with CVS but it never occurred to me how that might affect pricing. I used to get my meds at CVS until if finally dawned on me that they did not offer a list of $9 prescriptions like my grocery store, Target and Walmart.

Frankly, I don't know how they get away with it. One day I decided to check on an antibiotic I was taking. Sure enough it was $9 at Walmart and $40 at CVS. When I asked if they price matched I got a resounding "nope". Needless to say, I walked and never went back.

Edited by David - Moderator

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

It goes to show how much profit there is in medications.

its all a racket & these phamacicals companies should be held responsible for there greedy corporate actions.

The system is rigged! worldwide.

Wow! I knew that Target had partnered with CVS but it never occurred to me how that might affect pricing. I used to get my meds at CVS until if finally dawned on me that they did not offer a list of $9 prescriptions like my grocery store, Target and Walmart.

Frankly, I don't know how they get away with it. One day I decided to check on an antibiotic I was taking. Sure enough it was $9 at Walmart and $40 at CVS. When I asked if they price matched I got a resounding "nope". Needless to say, I walked and enver went back.

Same thing happened to me at Rite-Aid. It's been a couple years now so I don't remember the exact number, but the Finasteride they quoted me with at the time was around $100.

Yeahhhhh. Thanks but no thanks. :rolleyes:

At least CVS seems to be honoring the prices for former Target customers for the time being. I doubt new customers will be as lucky though.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I guess it depends on the area but Costco is really cheap with Finasteride You do not need a member card to use the pharmacy at Costco. Just a heads up.

yeah, Costco is great! My old grocery story in Arizona used to match their price.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks for the tip. I was hoping that the pricing would be more economic after the merge.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

CVS bought out Target pharmacy for $1.9 billion which would be 1600 locations across the US.

my advice get your doctor to call 30tabs @ 5mg Fin repeated for 3 months into your local walmart which should cover you upto 1yr supply.

The last time I did this I collected all 3 months worth & told walmart I was going out of country & needed all my tabs at hand so they accommodated me.

total cost $9 x 3 = $27.00

I sure hope this haven't changed as I need more here soon.

Edited by ontop
x