Proscar

ninjathen

Just recieved my one month supply of Proscar..Actually when you cut it up with the supplied pill cutter you are getting a 4 month supply..

MY question is--it is possible to cut the pill in quarters that means each is one and a quarter milligram.The prescribed dosage of finasteride is 1 miiligram per day..Have any of you on this post gotten advice from a Dr. as to how exactely to take this medication? Is it every other day? or do they tell you to maybe not take it on the weekends? Any insite would be helpfull since I ordered the proscar on line..A few of the Drs. I tried would not give me a prescription...Thank you...

Just recieved my one month supply of Proscar..Actually when you cut it up with the supplied pill cutter you are getting a 4 month supply..

MY question is--it is possible to cut the pill in quarters that means each is one and a quarter milligram.The prescribed dosage of finasteride is 1 miiligram per day..Have any of you on this post gotten advice from a Dr. as to how exactely to take this medication? Is it every other day? or do they tell you to maybe not take it on the weekends? Any insite would be helpfull since I ordered the proscar on line..A few of the Drs. I tried would not give me a prescription...Thank you...

Both Propecia and Proscar have the same active ingredient, finasteride. The Propecia is 1mg, which was the dosage used and approved to treat hairloss. Proscar is 5mg, and is much cheaper b/c it doesn't claim to grow hair. But, it's the same thing - finasteride.

While there is debate on this topic, I suggest you check out this thread where Dr. Cooley participates and gives his thoughts on the acceptable dosages. http://hair-restoration-info.c...831071693#2831071693

FWIW, I take a 5mg Proscar tablet and break (bite) it into 1/3's. I take the 1/3 tablet every M-W-F.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week