When To Safely Have The Next Procedure ?

I asked Dr. Feller the same question 3 years ago and he stated that he feels it is best to wait 18 months to allow for complete "re-vascularization" before a follow-up. Dr. Feller said it can be done earlier, but again "ideally" 18 months is best.

However I was asking about a followup FUT procedure, and I am not sure if FUT and FUE vary as far as how soon a followup can be done.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

NewHare,

This depends on a number of factors however, most people wait 6 months to a year between hair transplants simply to allow the first one to adequately heal and for most of the new hair to start growing. If hair is being transplanted in between and around the same area, I would wait at least a year. Otherwise, some hairs may not have come through yet and new hair could be transplanted on top of hairs that haven't started growing yet, reducing the amount of hair you'll have growing in title. You don't want to transect an existing follicle that hasn't yet produced hair growth.

I hope this helps.

Bill

I agree with Bill, if you are going into the same area you should wait at least 9 months ideally a year to see the full benefit of the first surgery before having a second.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.