Does shock loss hair regrow quickly?

I'm about six weeks post op (original thread here) and a few days ago I ran my hand over my head and felt what I thought was stubble.

Today I took a closer look and can clearly see small hairs growing through. I know these aren't the actual implants as that takes a lot longer, but I'm honestly surprised at any growth as I was expecting to not see any new hairs for several months (especially since the shock loss just wrapped up about a week ago).

Is this normal?

Interesting, so then what I'm seeing are the implants?

Is it expected for these to fall back out since it's so early in the process?

Also, that video is definitely informative, but has me wondering how much of my shockloss may be permanent :eek:

Did you have existing hair in the transplanted area that shocked out? I tell patients as a general rule that healthy existing hairs that fall out from shock will grow back a little quicker than the transplanted hairs. However, this is not always the case. You should see continued growth for several months. Stay positive and enjoy the growth.

The timeline for shock loss to regrow is generally 4-5 months. Shock loss is unpredictable. Try not to scrutinize it too much as the more you do the slower it will regrow.

Dr. Scott Alexander