What is the thing sticking at the end of my hair?

Hi all,

I've been noticing something weird at the end of the hair follicles that fall everyday. I have attached a pic of it. Any idea what those are and what causes it?

Thanks in advance...

hair.thumb.jpg.cc0c810918b334a7b67dde1bea45076d.jpg

Hi all,

I've been noticing something weird at the end of the hair follicles that fall everyday. I have attached a pic of it. Any idea what those are and what causes it?

Thanks in advance...

Hi. When did the hair falling begin? Are you post-op surgery? Are you applying any force to help the hair fall?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am 3 months post op. I am not applying any force.

I noticed this recently. I don't know whether this is something that is happening just now or this has been happening for a long time.

The connective tissue sheaths may be what you are seeing at the bottom of these falling hair shafts. Hopefully, the shedding will allow new hair growth to show.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I definitely get these some times.. sometimes there are 2 or even 3 hairs connected to a rooth sheeth. I found an insteresting article regarding loose root sheaths, which if we analyse may we may be able to come to a better understanding of how it relates to MPB patients:

Loose anagen syndrome . Loose anagen syndrome or loose hair syndrome involves exactly what the name suggests, growing hair that is "loose" and easily pulled out of the hair follicle. Loose anagen syndrome is most often first diagnosed in young children, more so in girls than boys. Their hair never seems to grow, they rarely ever need a hair cut, and the scalp hair is usually thin, especially at the back of the scalp. That the hair is loose and easily pulled out helps explain why the back of the head is most affected. The repeated rubbing of a person's head on a pillow at night pulls out more of the hair on the back of the head, whereas the front of the scalp has less contact with the pillow and so the hair is more likely to remain in place. The remaining hair usually does not grow very long and it can be unruly and difficult to comb and style. Blond haired children age 2 to 5 years are most likely to be affected but loose anagen syndrome can appear later in life as well. The syndrome improves with age of its own accord in children, but development in older individuals indicates the hair loss will be more persistent. Why the hair is loose is not known for sure, but the root sheaths that normally surround and protect the hair shaft in the skin are not produced properly in people with loose anagen syndrome. It seems that because the root sheaths are not fully formed there is a lack of adhesion between the hair shaft and the root sheath and the hair fiber is poorly anchored in the hair follicle. There may be a genetic problem behind loose anagen syndrome and the condition can run in families, but there are also many isolated case reports with no family history. There are no known effective treatments for loose anagen syndrome.

is it possible there are times that we all can suffer from loose sheaths? maybe during different phases of hair cycle, like the fallout phase? or stress? or post-operation?

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.