You can use the SEARCH tool and find all posts about Dr Pong. In a quick search I just did, it appears that several members here have had procedures but there does not seem to be an overabundance of info.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

scars,

I've heard good things about Dr. Pong however, I haven't had the chance to speak with him in order to learn more. I know based on what I've heard and seen that I think we should consider him for potential recommendation on this community. But those are preliminary words based on nothing more than an initial opinion from what I've heard and seen. We take the time to do a lot of research, interviewing, etc. before even presenting a doctor to this community for potential recommendation. We are certainly not at that stage yet. But hopefully I will be able to speak with him in the near future in order to learn more.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 4 months later...

Hi scars,

Not sure where you are at with this and what you have decided.

Funny enough, I just had a op by Dr pong. My first.

This happened just yesterday so I don't have much to report.

I can say, I found him very personable and easy to talk to. Of course his english is not perfect but he gave me time in our consultation, and didn't rush things.

On the day of surgery, he seems very intense on the preparation stages (adding the head markings etc). not saying whether this is good or bad, just an observation, as he was very relaxed the day before in the consolation. maybe this is his just demeanour, when its 'go time', so not implying anything here.

I was just very anxious leading up to, so was very concentrated on staying relaxed.

I like his set up and staff were nice but not much interaction. the day went smooth and no stresses (which was a big concern for me). I didn't want to get frustrated with staff or anything like that, but they went about their business efficiently.

I don't have anything to compare it too, which is hard. I have never had any kind of surgery before. Of course, the medical standards in Australia in terms of facilities is very high. You feel everything is totally sterile, the latest equipment etc and you never question whether things are perfectly clean etc. Not that I am yet questioning that here, but must be taken into consideration. And honestly while its going on, you don't even get to see instruments or anything like that. I just got a bit worried for a second as the staff got back in casual clothes and started cleaning up around, got the vacuum cleaner out (not turned on though), when we just finished. Felt a bit like a hotel cleaning staff - but i appreciate its a long day and they want to go home.

Again just an observation and maybe i am being a bit precious here.

Overall the day went well. I felt good and I will keep you posted on progress from here so I may add more information of value. At this point, I would say he is definitely worth considering.

Happy to talk about costs etc, but his site is good and its all there.

Sorry for the long post. My first time and I am a bit dazed and confused at the moment, post op. cheers. ,