Another Ahead Ink Transformation

Client is pictured after 2 passes of temporary scalp micropigmentation/tricopigmentation. He will return in 4-6 weeks for another pass.

291cmrq.jpg

25gqt01.jpg

2chawde.jpg

o0z53k.jpg

2vim9oh.jpg

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

This looks good, and not to be overly critical, but the blending with the sides and top is perfect on this patients right side, however, on his left side, there is a distinctive line above his ear, about halfway up, that shows too much contrast between dark and light, and further up onto the scalp it looks a tad too dark.

The trick to any successful result is to not have too much ink, and I think this is illustrated well on the patients right side. I can't say the same for the other side. Crown looks excellent.

Hey Wylie,

Thanks for the nice comments. And I never mind critiques of my work as it only makes me a better artist.

So, the tough aspect of photographing some SMP clients is that usually the only opportunity to do so is immediately post treatment, especially when they travel from out of town like this gentleman did. In the immediate post you have redness, inflammation, some excess pigment that gets caught in the hairs. So, admittedly this is usually not the ideal time to snap pictures. This client also needs to come back in for a third pass as part of our normal protocol. The third pass makes a BIG difference in terms of overall darkness and density of the result which helps blend SMP with native hair.

So why post these pictures if it's not a finished product? Well, sometimes I just get excited because I think it's evident what a tremendous change this treatment made for this guy--even after just two passes. I promise to update with his third pass in a few weeks.

--Erik/Hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Is the color of the ink based on factors other than the patient's skin and hair color? Also, do you use different gauges of needles based on the patient's goals and location of bald areas? Lastly, what credentials and certifications are required for the artist to perform the procedure up to government standards?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Wylie Erik is right...

Immediately post-SMP your scalp is pretty much a mess with excess ink. After 2 days you can gently shampoo your scalp, which cleans you up and gets rid of excess pigment that is on the surface, as well as any mini scabs. After a week or so your scalp is totally clean and the inflammation gone. The client above will experience the same and Erik will probably post pics of him before and after his 3rd pass.