Newbie thinking of having a HT

ukbloke

Hi - I'm new to all this HT research - but have been browsing this and other forums for some time - I am a Norwood 6 - and recently had an appointment with Dr Shahmalak at Transform Manchester with a view to an initial 2000 grafts. He seemed OK and seems to be highly regarded and in the media has been reported as being the first UK surgeon to pioneer eye lash transplants. Before I committ to a HT with Dr Shahmalak does anyone have any experiences they can share with me. Thanks Chaps

Hi

Congats on finding this site it will enable you to do the necessary research before commiting to a transplant .

The only UK surgeon recommended on this site is Dr Farjo .

Do loads of research before you jump in to anything and check earlier posts as I remember not so good reviews of the surgeon you mentioned !

Personally I would stick with a reccomended surgeon

Hope this helps

ej

Thanks for that ej, I found the thread pertaining to Dr Shahmalak further down. I really am getting confused.

How does a HT surgeon become recommended by this forum? If for example I had a great HT off Dr Joe Bloggs and posted pics here would that suffice?

If you google Shahmalak he seems quite high profile, though more for his pioneering work in the eyelash dept. I have aslo had email contact with Mick at Farjo.

All I want is a decent, subtle HT but I don't know what to believe anymore, are those who sing the praises of certain HT clinics merely part of their sales team? And just because a HT surgeon isn't known about or recognised on here does that mean they are rubbish. Please somebody help

Hi UK Bloke

It is confusing with all the info out there , thats why you must take your time before jumping into anything , the only clinic in the UK to consider is Dr Farjo , Mick posts on here with Dr Farjo`s results and contributes to Qs and As he is quite a helpful bloke .

A transplant really is not something you can rush in to I had my first 16 years ago and have spent since then getting repaired , believe me you do not want to be in that situ , take your time and find a Doc who constantly has good results .

It really is all about doing loads of research and making an informed choice and the biggy dont let travel or cost influence you !

I went to a coalition Doc as I felt that was best for me gave me a lot of confidence to proceed with my repair

Please do your research and remember a "Good Decision Today is a Good Decision Tommorrow " Research is the key !

Hope this helps

ej

UKBloke,

This community specializes in educating patients on the available hair loss treatments and prescreening and recommending only the best surgeons for those considering surgical hair restoration. To learn about how we recommend hair transplant surgeons, click here. To see an exclusive list of surgeons we recommend, click here.

In my opinion, take your time and research all physicians you are considering. This community can help to educate you about the procedure and many of the best surgeons performing today's state of the art hair transplants.

Best wishes in selecting a quality hair transplant surgeon,

Bill

Thanks for that Bill and ej. I note in the patient testimonials of this site a chap called boldheadd has pics of his HT with Dr Shahmalak, he doesn't seem too happy but the pics look OK to me.

I feel it's only fair to point out that I have had corespondence with Mick at Farjo and to be fair he put me straight about expectations, scaring and one or two other things, definately no hard sell.

I am going to decide in next couple of days whether to pursue with Dr Shahmalak or not and I am not the most computer literate but I will be more than happy to post before, during and after pics here, if I am able. Be they for better or for worse.

ok , you really need to STOP and think before you do anything !

I dont believe you really want to post pictures that are not as good as they could be ! Commit to spending the next few months on this site and get some research done , ask qs , look at which Drs are posting consistently good results , If as I think you are going to go `feet first` into this at least stick with a recommended surgeon they are pre screened and recommended for a reason !

I wish I had access to the net 16 years ago and in particular a site like this to guide me in the right direction , there is no second chance to get this done right

Hope this helps take care

ej