Fue into fut scar.

I know most people recommend to wait a year to put FUE grafts into a FUT scar.

I had my second FUT a couple months ago. I have one scar. It's not that bad. I'm scheduled to do another HT in October, but this time FUE, and the grafts are going to a different area.

So... I'm planning on placing some FUE grafts into the FUT scar. The time between is 6 months.

Is this really a bad idea?

Etownone,

It all depends on how well your strip scar has healed. Some individuals heal faster than others. Six months between seems a little too soon IMHO. Just a good time frame would be to wait one year before adding grafts into a scar.

Frank,

Scar revisions are very hit and miss. And wider scars can be the result from a number of reasons. Could it from the closing technique? Or could it be just physiology? The real key is that the individual has the proper amount of scalp laxity to accommodate a scar revision and also that the new closure is not superficial.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

One example of a superficial closure technique sutures the outer layer of scalp tissue without utilizing a double-closure technique which is much stronger and helps to keep the scar from stretching.

Another non-superficial method would be the use of staples.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY