8.5 months in, density not quite there. how much can really come now?

At 8.5 months, the density isn't really there. I know this is supposed to be a 16-18 month procedure, but can that much really happen in the next 9? The hair has come out but it is still kinda sparse. I know I will never achieve density like the hair behind it, ( I got my hairline lowered 2 cm --- 2000 FUE all on the hairline) but I was hoping I wouldn't have to wear my hair swooped over to add some sort of cover.

How much new hair will "pop up"

How much a difference can the next 9 months really make in scalp visibility? I want to be able to wear my hair up... think that'll be possible or do you always have to grow your hair out?

Thanks for reading this,

Sorry for the melancholy, just was hoping it'd look full at nearly 9 months

I'd say wait another 3.5 months to make a judgement. Your are getting close to seeing most of the result, but if you are just a late grower you should know soon ando still be seeing improvement.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Everything I've read suggests that 4-9 months is the primary emergence period for new hairs, and subsequent months is mostly maturation, with some variability of course.

I actually bought a magnifying mirror and in harsh light can see many new hairs still just popping through that I cant see in a regular mirror. I'm a month behind you. Maybe grab one for added perspective.

Are you seeing month over month progress? If you're creeping along, but consistently, maybe it'll just take more time.

Btw your original photos were a bit unclear. did you ever post closer/more updated ones?