2nd FUE - Unshaven

Hey Guys,

So I had my 2nd FUE done today, which is almost 3 years later. I'm happy I went w/ unshaven this time b/c the back looks undetectable. This time I opted out of ATP spray and PRP, but I did get ACell injected to help w/ donor region recovery. Pretty conservative this time. Hopefully, all goes well. Frankly, I'm laid up and bored so this is what I'm doing. haha.

Here's link to my pictures b4 and after.

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

Edited by David - Moderator

Looks good, wouldn't know you had anything done.

I'm in a similar position to you. Had my first surgery over 3 years ago with Dr. Bisanga and I'm heading back for another small op next month. I've been quoted around 750 grafts to strengthen up the mid section just behind the hairline. It's easy to hide now with a bit of styling but I prefer the idea of smaller maintenance ops than larger ops so want to address it now.

Also like yourself I don't want to shave the recipient as I have to be back in work after a week and have to attend a wedding 3 weeks after. No problem with shaving the donor as I keep that pretty short anyway (blade 2 normally).

I guess with smaller ops there is the risk of shock loss but my view is that these hairs are on their way out anyway.

Best of luck with the growth!!

• 4 weeks later...

Looks great "Dudewhere..." Can't tell from the pictures you've had any surgery at all. I'm similar to both of you, I had my first FUE in 2012 and second smaller procedure in 2015. I experienced little if any shock-loss except from transplanted grafts.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.