Post op FUE redness

Hi I had a hair transplant two months ago and I still have a lot of redness in the recipient area I have used aloe Vera however it aggravated my skin then I switched to witch hazel which seemed to be working however I started using rogaine on the recipient area two days ago and the redness came back like week one! Obviously I won't be doing that again but has anyone any advice or tips on bringing down the redness. The last two months have been the longest of my life! I used fake tan to take the look off me. Helllppppp!

I'm about 6 weeks post op and I have the same redness issue. I did hear that Minox will increase the redness, so I haven't used it yet.

Been using the laser comb which some say will help.

I heard where one guy went to a dermatologist for V beam type therapy and got good results.

I'm all ears if someone has an answer.

If you have pale skin then there is not much you can do other than what you have suggested but wait. You have mentioned aloe vera which is the best advice I could give you but you need to be patient. It won't just work over the course of a week. Minoxidil can inflame the area as you have discovered.

The only way would be to try to hide it with some foundation make up just make sure you get a good match for your skin tone. This will involve a visit to the make up counter if you can brave it.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thanks gargle land I use some fake tan/ concealer and it takes the look off me but with sporadic growth not at the same density as the recipient hair it looks funny! Any idea how long the redness will last or is it just a matter of the new hair growing over and covering it? I wish the clinics would specify about the redness post op!

Redness will fade but is dependent on patient's skin tone as to how noticeable it is and how close together the incisions were made. It will fade and of course be much less noticeable when the hair starts to come in.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Yep, totally normal....not much you can do about it. I was pink for many months.....like 4-5 at least. At that point, the hair started growing in and eventually covered it. It does fade eventually, though....

Yep, totally normal....not much you can do about it. I was pink for many months.....like 4-5 at least. At that point, the hair started growing in and eventually covered it. It does fade eventually, though....

Hair. NEW hair. Hard to complain about lingering redness when it's the HT itself that covers it!

:D

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)